• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Awkward question about BMQ

Bert

Reaction score
I read in another military forum a guy was asking about whether in BMQ, early in the morning,is sufficient time given to S, S,and S.

The responses he got was that yes some time was given and/or you could wake up earlier and get a head start if extra time was needed.

Another poster said that the washroom duty station guys usually clean up the washroom the night before the morning inspection and wouldn‘t want it mess up.

So if a recruit was a morning crapper and its coming out no matter what, and/or you just gotta go, how do you deal with it? Holding it isn‘t an option. Is it something you work out with the guy on washroom duty station? I don‘t know Jack Schitt about this.

must.. contain.. laughter.. sorry ;)

On my BMQ last summer, we had something like 10 stalls. What we did is we permanently closed off 8 of them, and only 2 where used. That way, there where 2 less to clean. Sometimes before big inspections (I.e. Warrants inspection, Course Officer inspection) we would close off one of the 2..

lol.. that was funny..

yes Korus is right, typically X number of
stalls would be closed off. On my BOTP what
did was close off the urinals and 1 of 3
stalls in each bathroom.

So yeah, you have time if you need it. After
all, almost everyone needs to take a whiz in
the morning :)

LMAO; I think everyone who‘s gone through recruit training has washroom stories;

on mine, there were i think 6 stalls for 100 people. After lunch, there‘d be a line up of about 30 people just waiting to go, and if you were the last guy, you probably got the shaft, since most of the toilets would be plugged up and flooded by that point. It sure did suck having the station job of clearing that mess up.

Oh, and we couldn‘t use the urinals either, since we shared the shacks with the ladies and they might have found it offensive.

My Basic was very different, we had to be up at 0530 and would get a chit if we were caught up any sooner and yes they did check, took away are alarms to. We had until 0550 to ****e and shave and be in PT gear lined up in front of the Barracks ready to march to the pool. everyone, no exceptions so if you are blessed with a less furry face you could shave the night before but don‘t spend to much time on the pot or your platoon mates might be a little ticked if they get punished for your short commings.

My basic was done at Det Dundurn in Saskatchewan in these old shacks that were used to hold either Japanese interns or German POW‘s during the second World War (I forgot which). They were just one big room with 6 foot lockers dividing our bunk space. I‘ll scan some pictures, but it ended up being that the guys all slept on one side, and the girls had one smaller portion for themselves. It was pretty funky, and looking back, I think it was a good basic since there literally was no privacy. The 50 people in your platoon, you saw 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (5 on the last 2 weeks). We also shared the washrooms, 2 platoons per washroom; so that‘s why the toilets were always clogged up...
another crap stall story; I remember having to take a dump, so I sat down with a newspaper I had smuggled from the mess when someone took up the stall beside me.
I said "How‘s it going buddy?"
And some girl answered "Oh, it‘s going alright."
It turned out she was from the other platoon, but, for the next 15 minutes we had a conversation about the course, about the Blue Jays, and about our homes. Then at the end she said to me
"****, my stalls out of paper, can you hand me some."
So I did...
It‘s funny cause I don‘t think I‘d ever sat in a ****ter and carried out a conversation with anyone before that point, and I never would have imagined that if I did, it would be with a girl. So, who says you don‘t have new and interesting experiences with the army?

Ah, memories...

On my basic, there was one pisser that was all plugged up, and no matter what we would do, some a$$hole would piss in it and we would be mopping up piss every morning. Sunday was the worst, because there was puke all over the place...(let 18 year old loose and what do you get?)

Play it by ear. You will having timings for everything. Timings must be met or the staff will come down on you. Morning routine usually consists of, Revele, PT, S.S.S., Breakfast then Inspection. You may have under 2 hours to accomplish all this. Get ready for inspections at night so that your are not running around like a chicken with it‘s head cut off after breakfast.

You may find you require extra time in the morning, but proper teamwork in your section will eliminate the need for that. Tip: you will never pass an inspection, so don‘t spin. It‘s just the way the Army is.

Good luck to you all this summer.

Tip:

Never think that you can get away with sleeping on the floor just to keep your bed made over night. You might be woken up with a bucket of water or find your bed somewhere else in the middle of the night.

Back