• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Awesome training with the local ERU team

foerestedwarrior

Inactive
Reaction score
On tuesday night my unit got to cross train with the local ERU team(Emergency Response Unit).

The showed us how to use their weapons. AR-15, Barreta, shotgun(full size and shorty), ARWEN, and the taser. As well as they did a demo on the taser and ARWEN.

Lucky me, i got picked to get tased, and because of it, they let me shott the ARWEN, which was really fun. The tasing, felt like getting hit with a 2x4 in the back on the initial impact, then the electricity started, 50 000volt pulses. I was the only one to get shot with it, everyone else, they just taped the electordes to them.

I got a video of me getting tased, I am working on getting it hosted on the net.

Sounds interesting: was this the OPP or the Regional Police? I did some training support for the OPP back in the early 80's when they first stood up the TRU: it was fairly funny watching them stumble around trying to play "soldier": we did a frag grenade demo for them, and it was quite humorous listening to the "oohs" and "aahs". I hope they are more squared away today.

Seriously though training with the police can be quite interesting: in 1 PPCLI in the early 90's we did a big Aid to Civil Power exercise with the Calgary PS and the RCMP, called METAL PIKE. We did hostage taking on a bus, cordon and search and riot control. It was quite something, but it pointed out a number of serious interoperability problems between the civil police and ourselves: I hope these have been resolved over the years.

Cheers

Back