• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AVOTP Offers 2020

gggg said:
alright, so despite what your PSO said you did not get an offer on your personal email ? DWAN only?

Correct.  I was told I would get it on both but only got it on the one, DWAN.

gggg said:
perfect, thank you, and congrats.

My pleasure.  I understand how information flow is key.  This process once, COVID struck, halted with not a peep in what's going on.  Thank you and good luck.

has anyone received their transfer message yet? i accepted my offer june 17, transfer date supposed to be july 15 but haven’t received a transfer message.

gggg said:
has anyone received their transfer message yet? i accepted my offer June 17, transfer date supposed to be July 15 but haven’t received a transfer message.

I haven't received the transfer instructions yet either.  The instructions do go to your unit OR and not directly emailed to you like the offer.

so this means that the effective transfer date might go beyond july 15 since the actual transfer depends on your transfer instructions?

gggg said:
so this means that the effective transfer date might go beyond July 15 since the actual transfer depends on your transfer instructions?

I have been engaged with my OR and I am still gonna be clearing out next week according to them.  BTL on my Wing will be clearing me in on the 15th.  The OR has engaged the OT Administration Clerk to check the status of the instruction message, but to date I have not heard anything back.

will the transfer instruction include dates for training ?

gggg said:
will the transfer instruction include dates for training ?

It depends if a slot on a course is available close to the transfer date.  If there is a backlog in the initial trades training then it could be advised at a later date after the transfer.  From my understanding that information, when available, would be provided through the senior occupation advisor or BTL manager of your trade through your CoC.

Unless it's changed since my last remuster, you're looking for a msg titled "SUBJ: VOLUNTARY OCCUPATION TRANSFER INSTR - *Svc #/ Rank / LName INIT / current MOSID*.

Mine came, IIRC, via email to the unit and then thru my COfC to me.  Sounds like there is a delay (normal given current impact on svc's re: COVID/OP LASER).

Congrats to everyone who was successful!

Here's a copy of my VOT Instr from a decade or so ago.  The format, details might be different but this gives you an idea of what info may/should be included (highlights on the "BTL posting" and "initial occ training" para's).

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 58
Eye In The Sky said:
Here's a copy of my VOT Instr from a decade or so ago.  The format, details might be different but this gives you an idea of what info may/should be included (highlights on the "BTL posting" and "initial occ training" para's).

Thank you for the template.  I just got my transfer instructions today and hope it is sooner than later for my trades course.

DeepBlueSea said:
Thank you for the template.  I just got my transfer instructions today and hope it is sooner than later for my trades course.

There was a bit of a wait before COVID;  trg was stopped for...2 months but is back on the rails now at 402. 

Not sure if the other pre=req trg (CFSSAT, CFSSAR etc) is back on yet.  Last email I had some CFSSAR was to confirm SeaSurv way CNXd for a bit; that was in...late May/early June.  AMT is a 'must' before BAQC...that's the first one to watch for.

Eye In The Sky said:
There was a bit of a wait before COVID;  trg was stopped for...2 months but is back on the rails now at 402. 

Not sure if the other pre=req trg (CFSSAT, CFSSAR etc) is back on yet.  Last email I had some CFSSAR was to confirm SeaSurv way CNXd for a bit; that was in...late May/early June.  AMT is a 'must' before BAQC...that's the first one to watch for.

I do have AMT complete and trying to get BEW finished in the next 2 weeks.  I read those were the prerequisites for BAQC as per the JI's, unless that has changed.  I was also told a few other points were needed to be completed as well, which are done, so I am good to go.

DeepBlueSea said:
I do have AMT complete and trying to get BEW finished in the next 2 weeks.  I read those were the prerequisites for BAQC as per the JI's, unless that has changed.  I was also told a few other points were needed to be completed as well, which are done, so I am good to go.

That might help you. 

I hace a question in regards to AVOTP. I sent out a OT. Pso interviewed me. You guys know the process. And then they told me awesome your file is in ottawa. Wait for an offer or a non offer. After asking roughly when i should recieve it. They told me wait till spring. Is this correct? Or will offers be sent throughout the year (2021) my pso told me end march beginning april.

No she was extremely helpful but reviewing posts on here looks like people get offers throughout the year till about june. Just wasnt sure. She suggested if i dont hear anything by end april to call the Pso office. So whats different then waiting out till july?

Back