• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Average time between Posting Message and posting?

Veovius

Inactive
Reaction score
As I sit here on course, waiting for a posting message to float my way, I was wondering.  What's the average amount of time that people get posting messages before they have to leave their current posting?  Months?  Weeks?  Is it different for people on trade courses, versus people permanently posted?  What about rank, married personnel, different trades, etc?

Usually it's months.  For example, some people will be getting posting messages soon (and some may have them) and the COS date is usually in July.  This allows for an HHT, selling of houses, etc.

It may be different for people on trades training.  They may get less notice.

It's pretty much the same for all ranks, marital statuses and trades.

There are no norms with this.  You'll get a posting message just as soon as a decision is made as to what is to be done with you.  I'm no expert on postings, but I was posted 8 times (only counting the ones that involved different time zones).
Often the message came out in the spring and was posted late summer.  Shortest one was just under 2 months notice to move the family 3000km. 
It is what it is.  Sounds harsh, but it's something you'll have to get used to.  I sort of got used to it, but spouses sure do seem to have a hard time with it!  Maybe that's why i've had so many?

You are on course.  I will assume QL3.  So you will get a posting msg near the end of the crse.  After that, posting messages are typically cut in March with the COS date being some time in Jul or Aug.  However, there exceptions to every rule.

When we graduated pilots out of the school - their COS date was 30 days after graduation.  That gave them time to clear out, HHT and move.  The 30 day extension was/is always an option.

In theory, it's supposed to be 90 days between message and COS date.  But then again, in theory, communism works....

cost move also plays a factor.  Usually the career managers get those ones out first and then work on the ones that are posted locally.  Then there is some of us that get the message after the COS date is gone.

What do you mean I am 5 days late reporting to the ship?  ;D

Just found out that my course's messages are being cut right now; we (hopefully) should have them by the end of the week.  ~3 weeks before grad!  Oh, yes, it's a QL3 course.

Back