• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Australia to become major hub for US submarines

Is national pride and patriotism going to convince the 18-year old Aussie to choose being in a tube over working the mines on a 2-on-2-off basis for $90-100k to start?

The old approach isn't working, hence the crisis.

When consultants hear the word 'crisis' ;)

Celebration Reaction GIF by H&Z Management Consulting

Actually it is an old approach that you need: called, national pride, patriotism and that starts in the home and the class: in particular history
Nobody would accuse the US of lacking national pride, patriotism and home/classroom promotion of their history and yet they are facing similar manning issues. Demographics are real. Social change is real. We need to come to terms with them.

Nobody would accuse the US of lacking national pride, patriotism and home/classroom promotion of their history and yet they are facing similar manning issues. Demographics are real. Social change is real. We need to come to terms with them.

I think you'd find thier public school classrooms and higher education auditoriums much less receptive to patriotism than you think.

Oh jeez, can you imagine the lawsuits and the billions in compensation that the federal government would have to hand out, if this was attempted?
Well the Press gang restaurant in DT Halifax still gives out wee drams after dinner is served so perhaps methods have improved?

I think you'd find thier public school classrooms and higher education auditoriums much less receptive to patriotism than you think.
They still have hot cheerleaders & low level flyovers at NFL games right after the national anthem tho!

And tbh, I find it patriotic as f**k and I dig it 🇺🇸 😎 (Only watch games for the cheerleaders and flyovers, then click it off as I have no idea what’s going on…)

Ofcourse we are not included in this initial Aus/UK/US submarine alliance in the Pacific, for reasons already stated…

- Australia is not only looking to get into the nuclear submarine game, but they are becoming a growingly important hub for US submarines in that region

- Being a hub for US nuclear submarines comes with opportunities for crew & maintenance yard training, training exercises, and learning from experienced crews as the Aussie boats start to come online

- The US had no need for a Canadian base to use as a submarine hub, they have a nuclear submarine base of their own fairly close to the border. On both coasts.

- Not stated, but also not not-stated, is Canada has a Chinese espionage problem. Period.

It’s a long list of concerns we all know about, but would any of you trust us with secret nuclear technology right now, with our current PM?

They still have hot cheerleaders & low level flyovers at NFL games right after the national anthem tho!

And tbh, I find it patriotic as f**k and I dig it 🇺🇸 😎 (Only watch games for the cheerleaders and flyovers, then click it off as I have no idea what’s going on…)
That's just US muscle memory of the public. (putting Midwest and other flyover country aside)

NASCAR does it best.

- Australia is not only looking to get into the nuclear submarine game, but they are becoming a growingly important hub for US submarines in that region

- Being a hub for US nuclear submarines comes with opportunities for crew & maintenance yard training, training exercises, and learning from experienced crews as the Aussie boats start to come online

- The US had no need for a Canadian base to use as a submarine hub, they have a nuclear submarine base of their own fairly close to the border. On both coasts.
"Countries don't have friends - only interests"

From what you wrote, it wouldn't matter one bit which govt we had. The US doesn't need Hfx or Esq as a sub base, so they wouldn't be pushing us that way.

Back