• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aussie Air Cav

Infanteer

Staff member
Directing Staff
Donor
Reaction score
Really dig the picture - what's old is new.   Another reason I look down under and sigh.

http://www.defence.gov.au/army/lwsc/main.htm

i beg your pardon?

christ knows where you got that picture from, but they are new helicopters you're looking at, Tigers fresh off the boat from the US. god knows whoes horses they are, probably ran onto the airfield with the wild man eating kangaroos!

funny you should say 'look down under and sigh', because i'm a member on the US Army forums (with the same call sign), and on there the US guys bag the heck out of the Canadian forces.

on another note, there is no such thing as an Australian Air Cavalry Regiment, no doubt that photo was taken during ceremony. Unfortunately the ceremonies are very British in nature... a shame

Hang on there my Stroppy Aussie friend.

Hello all I'm a long time browser first time poster, and I apologise for my countryman's outburst.

First mate, When he says he looks down here and sighs he means that in jealousy, saying that we are attaining this new equipment whilst the Canadian army are struggling to fight Ottawa for what they need.

And when he says whats old is new he draws a link from the old weapons (lighthorseman) to the new (tiger ARH's).

Also the first two are fresh off the ship from France (not US), the rest will be built in Brisbane, Aus. These are european machines not american, and they are damn fine two. And as for British ceremonies, well they are our heritage, and we gain much of our defence force's strengths from those Military traditions, customs, and service cultures.

Thanks Infanteer, great photo :)

Glad to see a couple of fellow Aussies sandbaggers finally coming out of the woodwork!

A few weeks back, I seen one of these new helos over my house on Bribie Island www.bribie.com.au (70km NW of Brisbane), very twisted to see! They must have been out on a familiarisation flight or something. Bribie is 85% national park and a good trg area for this sort of thing, as I have seen C130's and hueys from time to time. Nice and low and doing their thing.

Cheers,

Wes

ozzi-solja said:
i beg your pardon?

Tigers fresh off the boat from the US.

As specified in the above post Cadet, these machines are being made here in Brisbane. You should not bash up your own country's heritage, as myself coming from Canada, I fully embrace everything this vast brown land has to offer. Don't take it for granted.

Hey Cobbler, thanks for setting the record straight with this lad.

Cheers,

Wes

Back