• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

At CFLRS St Jean right now.

What if they give an order that's confusing?  Or you interpret it the wrong way?

Plus, it is their responsibility for not being clear. But I wouldn't remind them of that.

You are always allowed to request clarification on an order, as a matter of fact, if you don't understand you ought to clarify...  Mistaking a fire order and shooting at a school rather than the armed men standing 100 ft to the east of itwould probably be a bad idea, especially if you did it because you were to afraid to clarify an order that was unclear.

I think the difference is that you may not have been listening all that entirely the first time and it actually was quite clear. :)

Meridian said:
You are always allowed to request clarification on an order,

Yup, in fact, never be afraid to ask a question about something you don't understand. Usually, at the end of a lecture or anytime an instructor is explaining something, he or she will ask if anyone has any questions. Just make sure that your question isn't the exact same thing the instructor said 2 minutes before.

PT in the morning is subject to CHANZHE !!!!!!!!

Cracker Duschene 2004

Merry Xmas 77E , cheers

yes. i know that staff, he had my platoon, jokes.

i did'nt say change!

153e

I am in week 6 when we go back to St. Jean. WE have been off for almost 3 weeks on leave for xmas...I am scared about getting back into it cause i really hope my platoon worked there butts off on this break...Basic is the best experince of my life. I have made some great friends and you will learn more during this experience then you ever hoped for.....waking up at 5am is easy once you get the hang of it.  We did our first aid before we left...it was long but we all made it thru. WE lost about 16 ppl our first week to either Rft or they Vr's....but when u are in the lower weeks you get some great ppl that join ur platoon and make your FAMILY complete.  I find that you have to be opened minded and take things as they come. 

airforce5 said:
I am in week 6 when we go back to St. Jean. WE have been off for almost 3 weeks on leave for xmas...I am scared about getting back into it cause i really hope my platoon worked there butts off on this break...Basic is the best experince of my life. I have made some great friends and you will learn more during this experience then you ever hoped for.....waking up at 5am is easy once you get the hang of it.  We did our first aid before we left...it was long but we all made it thru. WE lost about 16 ppl our first week to either Rft or they Vr's....but when u are in the lower weeks you get some great ppl that join ur platoon and make your FAMILY complete.  I find that you have to be opened minded and take things as they come. 

I start week 10 when I get back to the mega... week 8 is a big week , 3 tests that week: drill, weapons and topo... bmq has been great but i can't wait to be finally done... good luck to all.

Yo from the Bistro~

Going on week 7 here, just received our C7A2, and started weapons cell. I have to say honestly for all the FNGs (theres close to 6-8 new platoons, most IAP) that week 1-5 for the regular recruit course "RXXXXX" sucks balls. After you're salute test, you receive your "popcorn" and can go on the 2nd floor to the CANEX and Bistro on the weekends. Depends if you get CB'd or not as well. The Bistro is the recruit's club/bar/rec room. Has computers, pool tables, arcade games, air hockey, movie theaters etc. It's a great place to mingle with other platoons and strenghten morale. Honestly, the course "sucks" but it is what you make of it. Even the staff say that, if you want a good course, listen to us and do what we tell you (or not sometimes, they'll try and trick you) and you'll have a fun course. The PT isn't that bad, and you'll learn to love drill, or at least like it.

So everyone on course or about to head out here to St. Jean have fun and enjoy BMQ!

jmlz87 said:
I have to say honestly for all the FNGs (theres close to 6-8 new platoons, most IAP)

I'm going to recommend that you get allot more time in the CF before calling anyone by that term

::)

jmlz87 said:
Yo from the Bistro~

Going on week 7 here, just received our C7A2, and started weapons cell. I have to say honestly for all the FNGs (theres close to 6-8 new platoons, most IAP) that week 1-5 for the regular recruit course "RXXXXX" sucks balls. After you're salute test, you receive your "popcorn" and can go on the 2nd floor to the CANEX and Bistro on the weekends. Depends if you get CB'd or not as well. The Bistro is the recruit's club/bar/rec room. Has computers, pool tables, arcade games, air hockey, movie theaters etc. It's a great place to mingle with other platoons and strenghten morale. Honestly, the course "sucks" but it is what you make of it. Even the staff say that, if you want a good course, listen to us and do what we tell you (or not sometimes, they'll try and trick you) and you'll have a fun course. The PT isn't that bad, and you'll learn to love drill, or at least like it.

So everyone on course or about to head out here to St. Jean have fun and enjoy BMQ!

Never heard it called that before. Always heard to refered to as a Cornflake.

Back