• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Artillery Phase 3 and 4 Training

nanaimoarty

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm starting CAP on Jan.25, 2010 and am trying to get an idea for possible start dates for Artillery Officer Phase 3 and 4 courses and lengths of the courses.  Any details would be appreciated.

This information, the dates and locations for Phase 3 and 4 Artillery (Officer) for this year, is a primary concern for me as well. I'm currently in my 4th year of studies (under the ROTP) and will be taking these courses, hopefully back to back, after graduating in May. Thanks in advance to anyone who can be of help.

As it stands right now, there is a DP1.1 slated to run in Shilo this summer. I don't have the exact course dates here at home but if I'm not mistaken, it will be starting the week after Victoria day running until the first week of August or so.

Thanks Big Foot, chances are that I will be/am slated to be on that course. However, what's really troubling me is rumors floating around, at Charm School at least, that a lot of fall and winter "Phase 4" (DP1.2) Officer courses have been canceled... meaning that I may have to wait about 9 months before starting my last phase of training. Can anybody confirm or deny this? I've heard horror stories about this happening to people and am simply worried about having to rest on my laurels for several months as I await the chance to complete my training.

Any chance I could get this information as well? I'm also graduating this May and have also been hearing rumours lately. Thank you!

First lesson, ignore rumors! :) Also, I should warn you that you should prepare yourself for long wait times in between courses. I graduated from St. Jean last April and wasn't loaded on CAP (now BMOQ-L) until September. That being said, there are a bunch of guys that showed up from St. Jean just before Christmas that got loaded on CAP starting end of January. The next DP 1.1 (phase 3) course has all kinds of rumors floating around right now (rumor 1, there's going to be one in Pet, rumor 2- there's going to be one in Gagetown). Graduating from St. Jean in May is problematic for getting loaded on CAP because you are competing against ROTP and RMC guys and galls who are only available, generally speaking, to do CAP in the summer hence they take priority.

At the end of the day, I've learned the hard way not to trust anything until you get it officially from the chain of command and even then don't believe it until you get the course loading message. Oh, and by chain of command I mean the chain of command that actually has authority for those decisions. Just because your Master Seamen or whoever has heard something, he probably isn't that much more connected then you.

With respect to rumors that Phase 4 winter course has been canceled, I don't believe there ever was a phase 4 winter course. When I last saw the calendar (mid Jan) for FY2010-20111 the courses were laid out with a Phase 3 from May until early August (held last year in Shilo and Valcartier), a Phase 4 from September until early December (graduating around St. Barbs day if I recall correctly) and another Phase 3 in the winter from Jan until April.

Best of luck with the rest of your course. Build your PT up because the it's quite a jump from BMOQ to CAP!  :)

Most of the guys on Phase 3 right now graduated around the same time I did or slightly after. That's about 1 year from getting posted to the school until the end of Phase 3.

Back