• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Artiist rendition of Cougar

Simpleton

Inactive
Reaction score
I was at a Change of Command yesterday and the outgoing CO presented each mess with an artist's renditiion of two cougars (the cat overlooking the tank trainer). They were very well done. Has anyone else seen these? Does anyone know where I might get a copy or more information? I would like to purchase one.

Simpleton said:
I was at a Change of Command yesterday and the outgoing CO presented each mess with an artist's renditiion of two cougars (the cat overlooking the tank trainer). They were very well done. Has anyone else seen these? Does anyone know where I might get a copy or more information? I would like to purchase one.

Ummmm....what country were you in at the time?  ie - which regiment are you referring to? 

Heather Grover is an artist who has done a series of vehicle drawings for the RCD.  They are available through the RCD Kitshop.  They have included the Lynx, Cougar, Grizzly, Leopard C1, Leopard C2, Coyote and also the Husky and Kodiac if memory serves me right.  Each drawing is of the vehicle and has the animal in the background, with the exception of the Leo C2.

GW

I believe we also have them at the Armour School kitshop.. Google it and you may be able to order online from us...

Thanks! Those are the ones I am looking for. Took your advice and googled the Armour School Kitshop (and kit shop) and nothing found.

Can anyone provide me with a phone number?                                :salute:

If the kitshops don't pan out for you, contact The Saskatchewan Dragoons (RCAC).  They have a contact there that might be able to get you in direct contact with the artist.

Wow! You people are really helpful. Thank you.

:salute:

George Wallace said:
The Artists husband is RSS in Moose Jaw with the SaskDs.

Actually... not anymore.  He retired from the RegF.  Hence my earlier post.  Moose Juice is still a good place to get a hold of him though, as he was planning on coming back as their RSM.

Okay, I just crossed the hall and they have copies of the Cougar, the Lynx and the Leopard.  The only one they don't have is the Coyote.  Price is $20 for each print.  They told me that they could send it to anywhere if necessary. Call them at 422-2000 extn. 3077.

Brangwyn Jones said:
Okay, I just crossed the hall and they have copies of the Cougar, the Lynx and the Leopard.   The only one they don't have is the Coyote.   Price is $20 for each print.   They told me that they could send it to anywhere if necessary. Call them at 422-2000 extn. 3077.

Fabulous! Thanks! I presume the area code is 506? The Armour School?

Quite amazing what you can find out here. I did not know Mike had retired. (Maybe we should start a new thread on retired/retiring 011's, location, date etc. so everyone near and distant can keep up?........G.W.?)

Unknown C/S said:
Quite amazing what you can find out here. I did not know Mike had retired. (Maybe we should start a new thread on retired/retiring 011's, location, date etc. so everyone near and distant can keep up?........G.W.?)

Interesting.......Last Friday was my last working day.......On Lve until 28 Mar 2005 and I still haven't figured out what I want to be when I grow up.... ;D

GW

Well there you go.........another one bites the dust...lol  All the best to you George. People from our era have truly passed the torch as numbers dwindle.
It was a good ride but all things must end I guess. Good luck on your future endeavours

Back