• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Responsible for Violent Crime

reccecrewman

Inactive
Reaction score
Wow!  I've seen and heard some crazy stuff in my years, but today's evening news took the cake.  I just don't understand that there are people out there that actually believe this kind of drivel.  The A Channel in Ottawa was running a story on the violent crime the city has been experiencing as of late; rape, murder, assault.............. Apparently it's higher than usual and they interviewed "the girl on the street" to get her take on why violent crime is up. Her response? "Well, I think it's got a lot to do with the war overseas............" blah blah blah.  Oh yes folks, she's hit the nail right on the head!  Apparently, we've become a warlike society now, so the average Canadian citizens are taking our lead and taking to murder and rape.  What the? Who the? Son of a!  So, now we've been accused (in a roundabout, indirect way) of murder and rape? How does the CF tie into this?  Where was that woman who slapped the heckler in Ottawa last week during Karzai's visit? I just can't believ some people............... She MUST be a Wacko Jacko supporter.......... "sigh"

Regards

So because our military at war overseas, it somehow, encourages and motivates people in Canada to commit violent crime against each other? What kind of horse shiite is that... They need to develop muzzles for people, atleast dogs don't say dumb crap like that.

Patrick H. said:
So because our military at war overseas, it somehow, encourages and motivates people in Canada to commit violent crime against each other? What kind of horse shiite is that... They need to develop muzzles for people, atleast dogs don't say dumb crap like that.

I'd like to think it is our nation at war, not just the military...but I guess not

How odd, there was rape, murder and assault going on when I lived in Ottawa too. 12 years ago.
Perhaps the criminals back then looked into their crystal meth balls and forsaw the war and so turned to violence.  :eek:

Perhaps the criminals back then looked into their crystal meth balls and forsaw the war and so turned to violence. 

:rofl:  Neko, after listening to her, my head hurt............ that comment just made my day.  ;D

reccecrewman said:
:rofl:  Neko, after listening to her, my head hurt............
It's a sympton that generally appears after listening to numptys, and other senseless beings.
I find beating the emptyheaded culprits helps to relieve the pain. But as that is frowned upon, advil, a drink or humour can
work as well.
Or all three.
reccecrewman said:
that comment just made my day.  ;D
Glad I could help.  :)
Seriously though how do people come up with these witless ideas?

PPCLI Guy said:
I'd like to think it is our nation at war, not just the military...but I guess not
Hmm...you'd never struck me as the naively idealistic type before  ;)

reccecrewman said:
The A Channel in Ottawa was running a story on the violent crime the city has been experiencing as of late; rape, murder, assault.............. Apparently it's higher than usual and they interviewed "the girl on the street" to get her take on why violent crime is up. Her response? "Well, I think it's got a lot to do with the war overseas............" blah blah blah.

Regards
What do you want to bet that someone somewhere will do a study on this.  People claiming that our youth has turned to violence due to so much exposure to the war in Afghanistan on the news.

The first thing that came out of my mouth when that sound bite came on was:

"Put down the crack pipe kid"

Glad to see that I'm not the only one out there that thought the exact same thing.

Regards

I see you guys missed 20/20 "The Sexes", or whatever, last night that showed that males seldom listen to women.  Women tend to travel in herds to the toilet to talk, etc.  50% of A Channels audience would have tuned out to her comments.......must be your feminine sides cutting in on this one.....  ;D

George Wallace said:
I see you guys missed 20/20 "The Sexes", or whatever, last night that showed that males seldom listen to women.  Women tend to travel in herds to the toilet to talk, etc.  50% of A Channels audience would have tuned out to her comments.......must be your feminine sides cutting in on this one.....  ;D

Nope started to watch it then tuned it out on the female portion      ;)

Regards

If her family was brutally killed in front of her as she was raped by a group of returning soldiers, then I could see the connection, but...  ???

She is another  :clown:

reccecrewman said:
No - The brilliant leader of the NDP

Sorry, I just couldn't resist the reference to the original "Wack Jacko".... My twisted sense of humour coming out....

Guys, seriously, it's actually true... I conducted my own study into the war overseas, and found that it HAS, in fact, made myself personally more violent. It was a pretty simple study actually. When I talk to people about the war, if they say something stupid, I punch them in the atom's apple, and poke their puppies in the eyes, just to make sure. I've put more people in the hospital in the past week than I did in all of last year combined. There you have it. Consider this my contribution to the world of science.

Apex said:
Guys, seriously, it's actually true... I conducted my own study into the war overseas, and found that it HAS, in fact, made myself personally more violent. It was a pretty simple study actually. When I talk to people about the war, if they say something stupid, I punch them in the atom's apple, and poke their puppies in the eyes, just to make sure. I've put more people in the hospital in the past week than I did in all of last year combined. There you have it. Consider this my contribution to the world of science.
Hahahaha ;D

But on a more serious note, we now have another addition to the chief leadership of the yuppies:
Congratulations A-channel "girl on the street"

warspite said:
Lets check the ranks so far:
Chief superleader of the yuppies:Vacant (Taliban Jack nominated)
Chief Plenipotentiary of the yuppies: Taliban Jack
Chief Ambassador of the Yuppies: the NDP
Ambassador of the Yuppies: John Dugard, A-channel "girl on the street"(further ambassador nominations pending)
*list is a work in progress

It amazes me, no stuns me, to see how ignorant & naive some people are! Soon we'll probably be called baby killers again!  ::)

Freakin' blows my mind sometimes!

xo31@711ret said:
Freakin' blows my mind sometimes!

Meh. Don't worry about it. I ride the bus quite often in Full Fighting Order (minus rifle and grenades of course) and I never get called baby killer,spat on, or jeered. All I get are kids saying "look mommy he's in the army. Hi mr. army man!" I just smile and wave back. No matter what, just smile and wave back.

c_r-c, the quote you have in your signature is possibly the greatest war quote I have ever come across.

Back