• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca TOP 10 Favourite Video's (Comical Category)

What are your favourite funny Military Movies

Mine are
- M*A*S*H
- Sgt. Bilko

I still run across guys that can quote lines from STRIPES.  Gotta admit, the rifle drill scene near the beginning is still classic.  And just where does a guy get a motorhome like that?

Cheers!

My favorite has to be KELLY'S HEROES.

That pre-hippy hippy Oddball and his "always wit the negative waves Moriarity"

Barbra "no, It's Babra!"

Crapgame and the Sarge

Very good movie

Mine was "Saving Private Ryan".  Outlandishly innaccurate and horribly scripted, leads to the myth that a few GI Joes from the US Rangers pierced the Atlantic Wall, took out a dug in MG 42 (fighting uphill, I might add, in daylight), battled the 2nd SS Panzer and poo-poo'd the Brits (and by default, us) by alleging that "Monty was dicking around" on their left flank, when in reality the Brit/Canadian landings acted as a lightning rod, attracting most Panzer formations in France!  But at least the mocked up Tigers looked pretty good.

vonGarvin said:
Mine was "Saving Private Ryan".  Outlandishly innaccurate and horribly scripted, leads to the myth that a few GI Joes from the US Rangers pierced the Atlantic Wall, took out a dug in MG 42 (fighting uphill, I might add, in daylight), battled the 2nd SS Panzer and poo-poo'd the Brits (and by default, us) by alleging that "Monty was dicking around" on their left flank, when in reality the Brit/Canadian landings acted as a lightning rod, attracting most Panzer formations in France!  But at least the mocked up Tigers looked pretty good.

;D

Yup some of the funniest war movies out there are outrageous because they actually think that they're serious. The absolute king of over the top humerous war movies has to be the B movie classic Siege of Firebase Gloria. good ole R Lee Ermy is over the top in this one, besides how can you go wrong with Wings hauser as the lead. ::)

These are CF. Uuuhhh...okaayyyy.... :(

A funny song featuring KFOR troops anyway...

http://www.chairforce.com/easy-chair/videos-music/pages/kokomo-song.htm

No this is all about movies that you can rent at blockbuster and the like, regardless of nationality, because there just arent that many funny military movies about Canada...come to think about it there isnt alot of movies about the Canadian Military anyways...unless you count Truth, Duty, Valour and some history documentarys. I may have been a bit inaccurate in the last comment, but you still cannot Compare it to the vast ammount of american films out there ie: GI Jane, Saving Private Ryan, and the list goes on...

P.S. not dissing Truth, Duty, Valour as its the best thing on television...that is, if it was on Life Network more than once a week and not aired at 4am and midnight when it was on more than once a week, and not an hour prior to me getting home after school (when I was still in school) I mean how many episodes of pilot guides do you really want to see during prime time anyways? and now that im out of school I cant watch it cuz we dont have the channel anymore, so Im at a loss
my short reply / rant

oh and I would also like to add
Good Morning Vietnam &
Saving Private Benjamin
to the list

That KOSOVO song is too funny...great choice...it has my vote :rofl:

I seem to remember a few SHARP videos from a few years ago...but I won't go there. Instead, I'll say Blackhawk Down.

Infantry_wannabe said:
I seem to remember a few SHARP videos from a few years ago...but I won't go there. Instead, I'll say Blackhawk Down.

No, I agree.  The SHARP video on homosexuality with the engineers was an instant classic.  We were about 20 NCO'S and officers, started out giggling like school girls, then when the classic line "Hey, I'm the **British cigarette term**" and the follow up "He can't be a **British cigarette term**, he's an Indian", it was all over.  The civy chick that was giving the class didn't seem too impressed.
Unintended humour is always the best. :D

zipperhead_cop said:
No, I agree.  The SHARP video on homosexuality with the engineers was an instant classic.  We were about 20 NCO'S and officers, started out giggling like school girls, then when the classic line "Hey, I'm the **British cigarette term**" and the follow up "He can't be a **British cigarette term**, he's an Indian", it was all over.  The civy chick that was giving the class didn't seem too impressed.
Unintended humour is always the best. :D

I Think anyone who has seen that video will remember that scene for a long time! I still laugh at it...

thankfully we had a Ash of C 2Lt running our sharp course and he was laughing right along with the rest of us.

Cheers

oh, and and I second Roko on the Hot Shots Part Deux vote... 

I would have to say M*A*S*H* is my all time fav comedy tv series...hence the nickname.  Still watch all the repeats daily.

MASH and Kelly's Heroes for sure.

Anyone ever seen the satirical "Oh What a Lovely War?"  I haven't seen it in years, though I have it taped from tv on vhs somewhere, and just read about the final scene with all the crosses . . . just got a chill.

Back