• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Coin on E-bay

cadettrooper

Inactive
Reaction score
this is crazy..................

http://cgi.ebay.ca/CANADIAN-ARMY-ONLINE-ARMY-CA-CHALLENGE-COIN_W0QQitemZ300001099388QQihZ020QQcategoryZ74710QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like Mike's Coin Manufacturer does business elsewhere.  I wonder if that is ethical?

Maybe this company needs to lose some business from some of it's revenue base to get the point across that these coins are NOT for public sale on Ebay, but are struck for the organizations that paid for them, thus ONLY THOSE organizations get to disburse them.  :eek:

Perhaps we should just buy the coin and make sure it stay's in Mike's hands?

I got the impression from the Ebay ad that the company was not just offering the Army.ca Ser# 0000 coin. They were pushing coins for all the listed enterprises.

Thanks for the heads up folks. It appears the mint is trying to sell our coins on ebay... a bit disappointing. The one thing we should *not* do is bid the coin up and make this back door selling profitable for the mint. There's a plan afoot to "keep it in the family," so I'll ask people to refrain from bidding on it if they can.

Thanks
Mike

A short 'question to the seller' that I am considering sending.

Where are your ethics? I am a member of this organization, and we have serialized coins for our paid subscribers. Where do you get off in selling this item publically to make a profit? The site owner paid for exclusive coins to be minted for our purpose only, yet you (or whoever is supplying you) have decided to do the unethical thing, and turn around and sell this 'challenge coin'. For shame.

I intend to approach the seller when the auction is over. It may not be in our best interest to contact them yet though.

RGR, that's why I held off on sending this 'question' to him till I heard back from you.

Coin 0000 could come in handy at the bar at the next army.ca AGM...not for drinks mind you, but it would surely start a heck of a fight...

HitorMiss said:
Perhaps we should just buy the coin and make sure it stay's in Mike's hands?

I'll contribute...a little

;D

The seller /cie selling seems to have coins from a lot of organisations...

Wouldn't it be interesting to contact some of them to let them know about it/
learned about theirs reactions?

It's all challenges coins, some people out to be (hum) 'disappointed' in those selling!

Yrys

Is this a coin resembling a regimental coin but created for specific members of army.ca?  Just curious as I have not heard of this yet.

Sorry to hear someone is doing something underhanded, hopefully the situation is resolved with minimal fuss.

Canadian.Trucker said:
Is this a coin resembling a regimental coin but created for specific members of army.ca?  Just curious as I have not heard of this yet.

You too, can have your very own coin...just thing of the status lift and maybe free drinks it will grace you with.....simply "subscribe"

Canadian.Trucker said:

Sorry to hear someone is doing something underhanded, hopefully the situation is resolved with minimal fuss.
Thats exactly what they are.  Every subscriber gets one, as did members of the DS.

Kyle Burrows said:
Thats exactly what they are.  Every subscriber gets one, as did members of the DS.

Which is why I've got two of them - but I'm not selling. I'm like Hermann Goering, I gotta have a duplicate of everything.  When he got married, the Luftwaffe gave him an expensive presentation sword - Goering went out and had an exact copy made, but much lighter so he could tell the difference between the real one and the fake one. That's the sort of thing that happens when you have more money than brains...if anyone wanted coin 0000 bad enough, they could send their copy to Pakistan, where they will make dies up for about 75 dollars Canadian...

So what exactly is the deal on this ebay one - George presents the best explanation - that this is the manufacturer - I take it the ebay vendor is not just a collector, but a guy who mints these to begin with?  I see there is only a day and a half left on the option and no bidders anyway.

I don't know, he may be the mintor (?) or he could have bought it from the mint. But either way, it's unethical.

Mike, did you even get a 0000 coin minted? if so, is it in your posession? It's possible that when they were minted, the mint made the 0000 coin, and did not include it in the ones he sent you, and then turned around and sold it on the open market..... I'm getting ahead of myself now.

Back