• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army: 78% Of Combat Brigades Will Skip Training Due To Sequester, CR

G11

Inactive
Reaction score
http://defense.aol.com/2013/02/05/army-sequester-cr-mean-78-of-brigades-must-skip-training

It will be interesting to see the impact of sequester and CR on near term US military deployments. Will the Army adopt a 'rest' period similar to that which was called for when the CF transitioned out of combat operations in Kandahar? Will focusing on Squad level training boost the quality of the Army? Thoughts?

sequestration wont be the issue.Rather than make cuts elsewhere democrat administrations always cut the military budget. Along with the budget cuts will be cuts in the bloated civilian work force.This will be where the real sdavings will occur.

tomahawk6 said:
sequestration wont be the issue.Rather than make cuts elsewhere democrat administrations always cut the military budget. Along with the budget cuts will be cuts in the bloated civilian work force.This will be where the real sdavings will occur.
Bush Sr actually started very big cuts while he was in office as well.

PanaEng said:
Bush Sr actually started very big cuts while he was in office as well.

Yes he did.But he would be the exception rather than the rule.President Carter and President Clinton[8 years] hollowed out the force with their cuts. President Reagan was able to reverse the effects of Carter as did Bush the younger with regard to Clinton.This shouldnt be hard for a Canadian to fathomĀ  if they had served during the Chretian tenure. It isnt politics just fact. I began my military service in March 1972 and ended in 2006 with my retirement.I served during 2 reductions in force and some pretty lean years budget wise.Somehow we were able to make the tough decisions and still keep the country safe.

Back