• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armour Corps? Or Infantry?

ProCaptain97

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm soon to be 18 years of age and I've decided on either being an armoured soldier or infantry soldier. I could use some help though identifying the pros and cons of each one though.

Life as an Infantry soldier

http://army.ca/forums/threads/1897.0.html

Comparing the Combat Arms

http://army.ca/forums/threads/23460.0.html

Hey thanks, that helped a lot! I don't suppose though you know if I need to have some level of mechanical knowledge to be in Armour?

ProCaptain97 said:
Hey thanks, that helped a lot! I don't suppose though you know if I need to have some level of mechanical knowledge to be in Armour?

I'm not sure. You may want to ask that question in the "Ask a CAF Recruiter" section or check out the CAF's website and look into Armour

I've checked the websitie under Armour soldier and there is nothing that says that I need mechanics skill. So I'll take that as a good sign!

I was armoured for over 6 years, didn't and still don't have any mechanical knowledge.

ProCaptain97 said:
I've checked the websitie under Armour soldier and there is nothing that says that I need mechanics skill. So I'll take that as a good sign!

I'd recommend searching and readin the topics in the "Armour" sub section of "Combat Arms". Also, contact a recruiting center or show up in person for inquiries about the Infantry and Armoured trades

Are you looking to Reg or Reserve? That also makes a big difference on your duties. The Reg Armour cats obviously operate armoured vehicles but the Res guys drive G-Wagons. Which may be a pain in your ass if you're thinking of deploying one day.

Also why does Canada not design and manufacture its own military equipment?  We buy Leopard 2s from Germany but why not just take the time to create our own AFVs?

They will train you in the operation and maintenance of your "mount". But AFAIK they don't require prior mechanical knowledge/ training. I just was sworn in as an Armour Officer, but I looked hard at Armour Crewman first.

Back