• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are your references told about your occupational choice for the CAF?

petercushing

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering this because if so I will need to update all my references as my reference check is in progress and if not I'll seem like a liar and that is the last thing I want to be seen as. Since you can't trust your life with a person who is dishonest and hence it would reflect badly.

I do not have long distance calling so it is expensive to contact my references as they are older people without internet and I can't find any of them on facebook.

They already know I am headed into the army but may still think I am going in as officer instead. Which I originally applied for.

Everything else is in order as most of them I have worked under or had as neighbours growing up.

I am not sure but I dont think so.. I think the questions your references have to answer is like : Did ``Bob`` is a good partner for work ? Did ``Bob`` Stress under pression ?
*Bob is a example name..

Zulopol said:
I am not sure but I dont think so.. I think the questions your references have to answer is like : Did ``Bob`` is a good partner for work ? Did ``Bob`` Stress under pression ?
*Bob is a example name..

If you're not sure, then don't answer. One thing that you will hear a lot on this website is "Stay in your lane." Meaning, don't answer things that you're not qualified to answer - leave that to the people on here with experience in recruiting - processing applications, running testing, contacting references. You don't know what references are asked, therefore you do not have the expertise nor the know-how to participate in this thread constructively.

The reference checks are outsourced to a third party security firm.  They don't know anything about your file/occupations.  All they know is you are an applicant to the CAF.

*Caveat is for CIC's since they ask questions pertinent to the applicant's suitability to be around minors.

Zulopol said:
*Bob is a example name..

Yes, a VERY frequent question.  "Did Bob is a good partner for work?".  :facepalm:

Eye In The Sky said:
Yes, a VERY frequent question.  "Did Bob is a good partner for work?".  :facepalm:

;D

Interview this coming week I believe for me. So fingers crossed! Who else is headed to bootcamp soon? For infantry.

Back