• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader.

gaspasser

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
Is anyone watching this US show hosted by Jeff Foxworthy on the Global network?
So far it's pretty hi-larious. The first contestant was a UCLA graduate and was unable to answer any question on his own! 
I believe it's all in fun and jest and for entertainment; but to some of us, it only fortifies some stigmatisms and prejudices we Canadians already have about Americans.
:cdn: we rock  ;D

The one I saw last night the question was "what country shares the longest border with the USA" and she said Mexico beaucse she herd about it in the news, I mean thats dumb.

Heh, she "dropped out" with $100, 000 after she couldn't answer "How many decades are there in two Millennium?"

She said her guess would have been 20.

:brickwall:

Now we can't say that she was competely dumb.  She walked on the show with nothing and walked away with $40,000 { $100,000 after taxes }
But the questions [of course it's always easier on the audience] are pretty trivial and no brainers.
:army:

I remember watching the commercial for the show.  It asked "what is a trapezoid"  and I could only picture a triangle with a point cut off.  :-S  I knew four sides with only two parallel.  I was taken aback.  I want to watch it,  just so I can find out what I've forgotten.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/01/tv.fifthgraders.ap/index.html

'Fifth Grader' quiz show a huge hit

NEW YORK (AP) -- Fox may have found a family-friendly hit to accompany "American Idol" after its new game "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader" debuted to record numbers on Tuesday.

The show was seen by 26.5 million viewers, making it the most-watched series debut in Fox network history and the most popular debut of any series since 1998, according to Nielsen Media Research.

It's an almost irresistible television concept: quizzing adults on knowledge found in elementary-school textbooks, with real-life fifth graders standing by to offer help and serve up embarrassment.

The game's first contestant on Tuesday stumbled when asked what month Columbus Day is observed. The schoolkids knew the answer: October.

Host Jeff Foxworthy requires losing adults to look into the camera and declare: "I'm not smarter than a fifth grader."

Back