• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are there any good documentaries on our army?

Coldplay

Inactive
Reaction score
About the current war in Afghanistan? I see a couple firefight videos on youtube and stuff, but is there any good documentaries on the Afghanistan war that focuses on our soldiers?

Cheers.

There was one in three parts about 4 or 5 years ago about the first months we were there. "Canadians in Afghanistan" I think it was called. Not exactly current, but still good.

The Fifth Estate had a special "Life and Death in Kandahar" about the Role 3 Hospital last year...it was pretty good.

Apparently there is a documentary in postpreduction now called "At War" about Afghanistan with footage from 1PPCLI. There was recently a news piece on it (CBC maybe?) where it was touted as a documentary to let Canadians know that we are at war and not in a peacekeeping role anymore. I think a lot of the youtube Red Devils footage is from this documentary.

"At War" has a fair amount of Canadian content, but it spends as much time, if not moreso, with US units - namely a unit from the Oregon Natl Guard.  Regardless, it's pretty good - though the sappy, repetitive quotes it throws at you are absolutely terrible.  I'm pretty sure they're Kesterson's own quotes too.

Here's some shameless self-promotion one.  :p

The Sandbox: Canada in Afghanistan
http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/canadians+afghanistan#watch%3Dv151931036pFBkjrP

Oddball

Prairie Dog said:
Wouldn't know anything about that show..   ;D

Storytime?  ??? 
Did you moon the camera during the shooting of an episode or something?

Oddball

Back