• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

APRIL FOOLS 2012 - Announcing SIR - Voice Activated Commands for Army.ca

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Folks,

I'm happy to announce a new and exciting feature for Army.ca: SIR (Sonno Imperium Ratio)

SIR is a voice activated utility that allows you to navigate, search and interact with the site in ways you never thought possible before. For the full details and a demonstration, please view this short video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78_jblF_ZMw

In order to use SIR, you must first activate it for your account, using the link below:

http://Army.ca/sir

Once activated, you will see a small microphone icon in the upper left of your browser - that means SIR is listening and you are ready to begin! Here are a sampling of some of the commands you may wish to use:

• "SIR: Check my personal messages"
  • "SIR: Search for 'BMQ course dates'"
  • "SIR: Start a new post about the federal budget"
  • "SIR: Change my profile picture"
  • "SIR: Show me unread messages since my last visit"
  • "SIR: Award 300 MilPoints to recceguy"
  • "SIR: Mark all new posts as read"
  • "SIR: Send a personal message to Mike Bobbitt"
  • "SIR: Become a subscriber"
  • "SIR: Play Afghan Ops"

You can even use standard voice procedure in your commands, but please be sure not to say 'repeat' - we want to avoid double posts! If you want SIR to stop listening at any time, simply say "Impose Radio Silence." SIR can resume with "Lift Radio Silence."

If you have any issues, please use the voice command "SIR: Report a problem" and you will be taken directly to a feedback form.

Enjoy!
Mike

What if you say things that you would in real life, like;

"SIR; That's really a horrible idea" or;
"SIR; I don't think you really understand how this system works"  ;D

I'll try this right away

edit to add: Very interesting. I like messing around with voice enterprises programs.

This one's pretty detailed, Mike, what kind of sync matrix program did you use? It's quite elaborate. Only weird thing I found was as soon as a did a search for the journalist who's name not be uttered, I was logged off.....

Sorry folks, looks like the French language interpreter isn't working quite right. I'll check into it and see if I can fix it. In the mean time stick to English I guess.

Beadwindow, that's a safety measure so we don't incur any legal troubles as people read his articles and start ranting. Don't want that to turn into a post here!

Ah, yeah... I see what you're talking about. I'm sure Mike will get on it.

-Posted with SIR-

recceguy said:
Have fun! ;D

Thanks Mike! :salute: We don't pay you enough for what you do for us. :facepalm:

edit

It doesn't like swear words ::) We'll have to work on that. ;)

So stop swearing at the recruiting threads.....  :nod:

Mike,...sorry I was late to the unveiling but I still have the same problem I had with the Mod trial version.......I still can't delete other's posts or merge thier topics.
Bruce

I'm with Bruce still seeing minor glitches, hopefully we can get them corrected soon.

posted with SIR

I'm on my wifes laptop now and I can't get the mic to turn on,...........do different computers turn on in different ways???

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Mike,...sorry I was late to the unveiling but I still have the same problem I had with the Mod trial version.......I still can't delete other's posts or merge thier topics.
Bruce

That's because you're just telling SIR to "Lose the thread into the ether!!" or some such. You gotta treat it like a MOD  talk slowly and in small words..... ;D

Well, i don't know if anyone actually fell for it, but I hope we got a few laughs. Thanks to everyone for playing along!

Cheers
Mike

I only figured it out due to inconsistencies with the posts.  ;)

I'm having trouble getting this to work with air-force.ca and navy.ca, why does army get all the cool things??  :-[

P.S. I'm on the road right now, I'll get rid of the SIR microphone when I get back. :)

alocin said:
I'm having trouble getting this to work with air-force.ca and navy.ca, why does army get all the cool things??  :-[

Because the army ain't royal.

If you use SIR to navigate to all buttons and bows threads things should be fine. Until your computer overheats from the rhetoric.

The give away was the Latin motto, which has nothing to do with voice activated commands. Try it on google translate.

I knew it was an April Fools when one of the suggested commands was give Recceguy 300 mil points. :rofl:

Back