• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruting Center: CFRC Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Avionics systems technician
Trade Choice 2: Vehicle technician
Trade Choice 3: Aerospace control operator
Online Application Date: June 4, 2013
First Contact: July 4, 2013
Aptitude Test: July 25, 2013
Medical: July 31, 2013
Interview: July 31, 2013
Position Offered:
Sworn In:
Basic Training Begins:

Did the CFAT this morning and did really well. Aesop is closed right now so I switched it to vehicle technician. AVS has over 140 positions open, though, so I am expecting more smoothe sailing ahead!

TheRightsOfMan said:
Recruting Center: CFRC Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Avionics systems technician

Did the CFAT this morning and did really well. Aesop is closed right now so I switched it to vehicle technician. AVS has over 140 positions open, though, so I am expecting more smoothe sailing ahead!

Picking AVS Tech is pretty much a "guarantee" to entering the CF at this point, especially with over 140 positions available.

Just have to meet the Academic requirements, score reasonably well on the CFAT, TSD, pass the medical and interview.  Bus is waiting out back the Recruiting Centre to take you to St Jean.....  :)

DAA said:
Bus is waiting out back the Recruiting Centre to take you to St Jean.....  :)

I hope you're right. Talked to the "file manager" today...He was unaware that I had done a CFAT more than a week ago and had scheduled a medical and interview for next month. After telling him so, he wished me good luck and said "After your next 2 appointments is selection and this could take anywhere from 1 week to 6 months or longer. "

nn1988 said:
I hope you're right. Talked to the "file manager" today...He was unaware that I had done a CFAT more than a week ago and had scheduled a medical and interview for next month. After telling him so, he wished me good luck and said "After your next 2 appointments is selection and this could take anywhere from 1 week to 6 months or longer. "

AVS Tech is what they call a "threshold" occupation because of the length of training.  Which means that enrolments should take place with due consideration to just when AVS Tech Training is scheduled.  So, someone feel free to step in and correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that AVS trg is done by CFSAT in Borden.

So purely for example purposes........if CFSAT has an AVS Basic Occupational Training Crse (ie; QL3) scheduled to start on 1 Nov, then you would need to have completed your BMQ by then, which means you would have needed to start your BMQ by mid Jul at the latest.  Which in turn means that you should have been made an offer another 45-60 days prior to going to St Jean for BMQt, which backs us up to sometime in May.

Which now makes me think that CFSAT is going to be some busy if they have to train 140+ AVS Techs this fiscal year.    :facepalm:

DAA said:
AVS Tech is what they call a "threshold" occupation because of the length of training.  Which means that enrolments should take place with due consideration to just when AVS Tech Training is scheduled.  So, someone feel free to step in and correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that AVS trg is done by CFSAT in Borden.

So purely for example purposes........if CFSAT has an AVS Basic Occupational Training Crse (ie; QL3) scheduled to start on 1 Nov, then you would need to have completed your BMQ by then, which means you would have needed to start your BMQ by mid Jul at the latest.  Which in turn means that you should have been made an offer another 45-60 days prior to going to St Jean for BMQt, which backs us up to sometime in May.

Which now makes me think that CFSAT is going to be some busy if they have to train 140+ AVS Techs this fiscal year.    :facepalm:

I understand your point but there's also Performance Oriented Electronics Training course at the Canadian Forces School of Communications and Electronics Kingston, ON; between BMQ in St-Jean and CFSATE in Borden.... good 30-32 weeks.

According to CFSATE's website >  AVS Tech. training in Borden takes place 10 times a year, with a course load of normally 12 students.

My application sample to date. I wrote the CFAT back in June and was told that it will take about 3-4 weeks to complete the security screening at which point they will contact me for a medical/interview.  I guess it varies from RC to RC on how these appointments are scheduled as I noticed that some people wrote the CFAT had a medical and an interview all on the same day. Maybe my medical is going to be done at an other location? Anyone else from the shwa have the same timing?

Anyways, I did well on the CFAT and the recruiter explained that the engineering trades were usually all in the red in regards to staffing every year; meaning I had a good shot at getting in assuming the rest of the process went smoothly.  I was a little surprised by this as I assumed there would be many applicants for engineering roles in the CF due to the fact that the job is well, awesome.  What do you guys think?

Recruiting centre: online/oshawa
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: officer
Trade choice 1: EME Officer
Trade choice 2: MSE Officer
Trade Choice 3: NCS Officer
Applied: April 30 2013
File sent to CFRC: June 12, 2013
First contact: June 20, 2013
Dropped off forms: June 25, 2013
CFAT: June 25, 2013
Medical: Waiting....
Interview: Waiting.....
Merit listed:
Position offered:
swearing in:
BMQ:

Oshawa is my recruiting centre.  For me, screening and medical was a week after CFAT.  Then a six week wait for the interview after that.  Medical and interview were both at Oshawa.

Good luck!  Hopefully you hear something soon.

FINAL UPDATE!!!!!

Recruiting centre: Hamilton
Trade choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade choice 2: Material Tech
Trade Choice 3: ATIS Tech
Applied: April 17 2013
CFAT: Wrote a few years back
Medical: May 14, 2013
Interview: May 14, 2013
Position offered: July 25, 2013 ATIS Tech
Enrollment/swearing in: August 15, 2013
Basic Training: August 26, 2013; Have to be there August 24, 2013

Cant F*cking Wait!

Beamos said:
My application sample to date. I wrote the CFAT back in June and was told that it will take about 3-4 weeks to complete the security screening at which point they will contact me for a medical/interview.  I guess it varies from RC to RC on how these appointments are scheduled as I noticed that some people wrote the CFAT had a medical and an interview all on the same day. Maybe my medical is going to be done at an other location? Anyone else from the shwa have the same timing?

Anyways, I did well on the CFAT and the recruiter explained that the engineering trades were usually all in the red in regards to staffing every year; meaning I had a good shot at getting in assuming the rest of the process went smoothly.  I was a little surprised by this as I assumed there would be many applicants for engineering roles in the CF due to the fact that the job is well, awesome.  What do you guys think?

Recruiting centre: online/oshawa
Officer/NCM: officer
Trade choice 1: EME Officer
Trade choice 2: MSE Officer
Trade Choice 3: NCS Officer
Applied: April 30 2013
File sent to CFRC: June 12, 2013
First contact: June 20, 2013
Dropped off forms: June 25, 2013
CFAT: June 25, 2013
Medical: Waiting....
Interview: Waiting.....
Merit listed:
Position offered:
swearing in:
BMQ:

Are you ROTP or DEO? Just curious, and good luck!

jonas0828 said:
FINAL UPDATE!!!!!

Recruiting centre: Hamilton
Trade choice 2: Material Tech
Trade Choice 3: ATIS Tech
Applied: April 17 2013
CFAT: Wrote a few years back
Medical: May 14, 2013
Interview: May 14, 2013
Position offered: July 25, 2013 ATIS Tech
Enrollment/swearing in: August 15, 2013
Basic Training: August 26, 2013; Have to be there August 24, 2013

Cant F*cking Wait!

Congrats bud! I wish you all the best in your future!

Update!

Recruiting centre: ONLINE/Hamilton
Trade choice 2: Armored Soldier
Applied: August 2012
File sent to CFRC: April 2012
First contact: April 11, 2013
CFAT: April 18, 2013
Interview: May 16, 2013
Medical: May 16, 2013
Merit listed: June 13, 2013
Position offered: July 26, 2013 - Armored Soldier
swearing in: August 29, 2013
BMQ: September 2, 2013

See you guys there.  :salute:

Trade choice 1: Boatswain
Trade choice 2: Cook
Applied: April 2013
File sent to CFRC: April 2013
First contact: July 2013 (had to initiate contact a few times, as my file was misplaced)
CFAT: July 8, 2013
Interview: August 12, 2013
Medical: August 12, 2013
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
BMQ:

Crunch Time for prepping for the interview, 2 weeks left. I hope Boatswain is still open the Master Seaman in Hamilton said I should be good and it should still be open by the end of August. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Washy said:
First contact: July 2013 (had to initiate contact a few times, as my file was misplaced)
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
BMQ:

Crunch Time for prepping for the interview, 2 weeks left. I hope Boatswain is still open the Master Seaman in Hamilton said I should be good and it should still be open by the end of August. Keeping my fingers crossed.

one of my choices was boatswain and at my interview I was told the boatswain selection was august 15th so you should be good.

Washy said:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
BMQ:

I COULD be wrong here but I'm pretty sure that for you to be considered at selection you must be merit listed first...So if your interview/med are August 12th I'd say you probably won't be merit listed until at least September.
Maybe one of the senior members could chime in here.

Recruiting centre: Ottawa, ON
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade choice 1: Engineer Officer
Trade choice 2: EME Officer
Trade Choice 3: MARS Officer
Applied: April 09 2013
File sent to CFRC: May 13, 2013
First contact: May 21, 2013
Dropped off forms: May 24, 2013
CFAT: Feb 2006
TSD Test: June 11, 2013
Medical: June 19, 2013
Interview: June 19, 2013
Position offered: July 30, 2013 - Engineer Officer
swearing in: August 14, 2013
BMOQ: August 26, 2013

Got the call! only 3 business days after selections - really wasn't expecting it this soon!

Stiman said:
Recruiting centre: Ottawa, ON
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade choice 1: Engineer Officer
Trade choice 2: EME Officer
Trade Choice 3: MARS Officer
Applied: April 09 2013
File sent to CFRC: May 13, 2013
First contact: May 21, 2013
Dropped off forms: May 24, 2013
CFAT: Feb 2006
TSD Test: June 11, 2013
Medical: June 19, 2013
Interview: June 19, 2013
Position offered: July 30, 2013 - Engineer Officer
swearing in: August 14, 2013
BMOQ: August 26, 2013

Got the call! only 3 business days after selections - really wasn't expecting it this soon!

That's amazing! Congrats!
I hope to see you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back