• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
nn1988 said:
Hello.,

Tried searching but nothing availed..,

Does anyone know who interviews the recruits for their respective entry plans.
I.e. Does a warrant officer interview an NCM recruit., and Major for officer etc.

Thanks

I'm applying as a DEO and was interviewed by a Capt.

nn1988 said:
I.e. Does a warrant officer interview an NCM recruit., and Major for officer etc.

I doubt it really makes a difference what rank or trade the person is, it likely varies. I got interviewed by a Naval Lieutenant and I'm doing NCM Infantry.

nn1988 said:
Hello.,
Tried searching but nothing availed..,
Thanks

You will be interviewed by an MCC who for the most part will be a Commissioned Officer (Capt).  In some RC's with limited staff, Senior NCO's (Sgt and above) will also be MCC qualified and may do the interviews as well.

DAA said:
It's a "duh" question.  The answer is the same as it was last year and the year before that and the year before that.  "Pre-processing" will start in early Dec 13 for the 2014 selection year and in all likelihood, selections will be in late Feb, early Mar for BMOQ's commencing after 1 Apr 14.

So the old addage from Recruiters of "Occupation is closed, reapply again in Apr, puts you in the SOL column because selections have already taken place for the year".

Let me be frank.  The toughest job in recruiting, is telling someone that a) your not competitive, try again later b) your occupation is closed, try again later c) you weren't selected in competition, try again later.

The easy OUT, "Your file is very competitive and I am sure you will be successful."  and if necessary, followed by, "Bad news, your chosen occupations are currently closed but good news, don't worry, we hope they will open up shortly."  and my all time favourite when you ask how to improve yourself......"Keep doing what your doing".......

Anyhow, at the end of the day, it's your choice.  Just make sure that you select an occupation that you truly want and if you need to wait, then so be it.....

This is quite an eye opener. I learned through experience that recruiter's words may not always reflect the situation accurately, but I've mostly attributed that fact to recruiters often not having complete information themselves. They are "middle men/women" so to speak. I suppose this is still true, but I didn't think they would word things in better-sounding ways instead of just telling you the "bad news". I guess sometimes we have to take a hint and read between the lines. Thanks DAA.

Just thought I would share!

Recruting Center: Ottawa, ON
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: RMS Clerk
Trade Choice 2: Cook
Trade Choice 3: X
Application Date: October 2012
First Contact: October 2012
CFAT: October 2012
Med, aptitude completed : 23 April 2013
Interview completed: 23 April 2013
Position Offered: RMS Clerk - 24 June 2013
Sworn in: 30 July 2013
Basic Training Begins: 3 August 2013

Anyone else starting BMQ August 3??
I can't wait!!!

FlaintheCF said:
Anyone else starting BMQ August 3??

Congratulations. This is probably the group you are looking for:
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/111230.0.html

also

BMQ 3-Aug-13 
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/111192.0.html

JamesKEDU said:
I got results back from my medical. Unfortunately my vision falls under v4 so I won't be eligible for ACSO and AEC. I spoke to a recruiter about replacing these positions with ones I am medically capable for but he cautioned me about this as changing trades at this stage would make me look irresolute. So for now, I am banking on MARS to come through for me. My recruiter told me that I am very competitive as I have a master's degree as well and advised me to be patient; I had planned to switch to NCM. He has a "forecast" that at least 20 positions will open up though he can't say if it will be for this fall. I am feeling a little more confident now after hearing his sage advice.

Sorry for the long post! I hope everyone has better luck. We're all going to make it :).

So the recruiter advised you not to switch trades when you wanted to? I would be pretty peeved if I wasn`t competitive for my trades and be advised not to switch and stick with it.

UPDATE!

Recruiting centre: Online/Edmonton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade choice 2: Armoured Soldier
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Applied: April 26 2013
File sent to CFRC: May 21, 2013
First contact: May 23, 2013
Dropped off forms: May 24, 2013
CFAT: June 13, 2013
Medical: June 14, 2013
Interview: June 14, 2013
Merit listed: June 24
Position offered: July 24- Armoured Soldier!! :)
swearing in: August 29
BMQ: September 2

Got the call today, could not be more excited! Anyone else going for the Sept 2 BMQ??

hey i was wondering if anyone knows what the wait time is to get into infantry Reg forces NCM. i just completed my CFAT and interview and medical today.

PMedMoe said:
Just asking....

No problem, thought I would throw that out before they start asking about the "other" occupations.....    :)

DAA said:
No problem, thought I would throw that out before they start asking about the "other" occupations.....    :)

Maybe you should add that to the Trades Open/Closed thread...    ;)

freckledsoldier said:
UPDATE!

Recruiting centre: Online/Edmonton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade choice 2: Armoured Soldier
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Applied: April 26 2013
File sent to CFRC: May 21, 2013
First contact: May 23, 2013
Dropped off forms: May 24, 2013
CFAT: June 13, 2013
Medical: June 14, 2013
Interview: June 14, 2013
Merit listed: June 24
Position offered: July 24- Armoured Soldier!! :)
swearing in: August 29
BMQ: September 2

Got the call today, could not be more excited! Anyone else going for the Sept 2 BMQ??

Congrats! Im on the Sept 2 BMQ as well, combat eng.
Ill see you there

RectorCR said:
Selection is today :)
Let operation "check my phone every two minutes" begin. Lol

just so you know they usually take about a week or two to let your local RC know that they have selected you. I got my called a week and a half after my trades selection.

Update: My MCC told me that my file is now with my unit. Today is a parade night, do you think I'd get the call today to swear in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back