• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks scriptox,

My plan is to switch is to Regular Force Combat Arms after university. I am not sure whether or not I will go the Officer or NCM route ???. University is more of a backup plan in the event the military doesn't workout for me for whatever reason. For the moment I am applying for NCM, specifically Crewman. :threat:

Today, I finished most of my application and will send it off after I confirm some dates and information.

With respect,

Michael K.

I guess it is time for me to update my file too. I'm still waiting for a job offer but there has been some progress.

Recruiting Centre:            Calgary, AB
Regular/Reserve:              Regular
Officer/NCM:                      NCM
Trade choice 1:                  NCMSEP Naval Electronics Tech (soon to be called WENG)
Trade choice 2:                  NET Tactical
Trade choice 3:                  Medical Tech
Application Date:              April 2010
First Contact:                    March 2011
Aptitude Completed:        2006 (My initial application date, but file was closed due to personal issues at that time)
Medical Completed:          June 20, 2011
Interview Completed:      June 22, 2011
Merit Listed:                      September 2011
Position Offered:              October 27, 2011
Sworn In Ceremony:
Basic Training Start:         
NCM SEP at Marine Institute Start:    January 2012 if accepted

I hope that everyone out there that is feeling discouraged by the wait times will just have a little bit of faith and patience. My file has been around for almost 2 years and I'm hopeful that something good will happen. I'll keep ya posted.

Please ignore the above post of mine, I posted it too soon.

Recruiting Centre:            Calgary, AB
Regular/Reserve:              Regular
Officer/NCM:                      NCM
Trade choice 1:                  NCMSEP WENG
Trade choice 2:                  NET Tactical (now part of the Weng tech trade)
Trade choice 3:                  Medical Tech
Application Date:              April 2010
First Contact:                    March 2011
Aptitude Completed:        2006 (My initial application date, but file was closed due to personal issues at that time)
Medical Completed:          June 20, 2011
Interview Completed:      June 22, 2011
Merit Listed:                      September 2011
Position Offered:              October 27, 2011
Sworn In Ceremony:        October 31, 2011
Flown to St. John's, NL      November 2, 2011

NCM SEP at Marine Institute Start:    January 2012
Basic Training Start:                          January 2013       

Finally, I'm a proud member of the Canadian Forces. Thanks for all the help from members on this forum, and good luck to all of the future recruits and applicants. See ya around.

Hey everyone,

I finished my application and I am waiting for an email from the recruiting office concerning the next step I have to take.

With respect,

Michael K.

Hey everyone,

Recruiting Centre/Unit: The Ontario Regiment (Oshawa, Ontario)
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Crewman
Trade Choice 2: RMS Clerk
Trade Choice 3: -
Application Date: November, 2011

This is as far as I've gotten so far. I'm checking my email almost every hour!! No contact yet :'(

Good luck with everyone's applications so far.

With respect,

Michael K.

Mike92 said:
This is as far as I've gotten so far. I'm checking my email almost every hour!!
Trust me when I say that gets old incredibly fast haha. Good luck with the application!

Jonathan

Well, people normally don't work on week ends.  You are probably waiting for nothing, at least until Monday at 8AM.

I can't say that I do.

I'm guessing it's to do with what SupersonicMax said about the recruiting centers possibly being closed on weekends??

With respect,

Michael K.

Mike92 said:
I can't say that I do.

I'm guessing it's to do with what SupersonicMax said about the recruiting centers possibly being closed on weekends??

:brickwall:

Yes, recruiting centres are closed on weekends. You will not get much in the way of a reply today. You can relax and step away from your email.

Oh... OK.

Thanks for the prompt response and thanks for being patient with me.

With respect,

Michael K.

Mike92 said:
I can't say that I do.

With respect,

Michael K.

So, you are 19 years old and can't figure this out?

Wait, they email applicants? I had been expecting a phone call... well, expecting one this month, I don't think it will get onto a desk until this week if I'm luck.

Blake said:
Wait, they email applicants? I had been expecting a phone call... well, expecting one this month, I don't think it will get onto a desk until this week if I'm luck.

Did the planet stop its rotation ?

Mike92

Why didn't you apply to ROTP, both you and your parents win in that case. You get to join the CF, and your parents get to see you get a degree... Its not to late actually, as long as you apply at least 2 years before completion of your degree.

Just something to think about.

CDN Aviator said:

Did the planet stop its rotation ?

When I went through this before, I had never been contacted by email. I was sincerely asking if they reply by email now.

Blake said:
When I went through this before, I had never been contacted by email. I was sincerely asking if they reply by email now.

No, they will call you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back