• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application after a voluntary withdrawal

Gardiners1

Inactive
Reaction score
In 2007 I applied to join the Reserves and had to voluntarily withdraw my application.  I was told at the CFRC that with a VW it is like the application was never started.  I am not sur eif that is correct.  My questions is, if reapplying how do I answer the question in regards to have I ever applied to join the army before?  Technically I have but based on what I was told I officially haven't.

Thanks for your help.

I'd tell them you had applied previously but had to voluntarily withdraw said application.

Gardiners1 said:
In 2007 I applied to join the Reserves and had to voluntarily withdraw my application.

Ok

I was told at the CFRC that with a VW it is like the application was never started.  I am not sure if that is correct.

Well, they are the CFRC staff so lets assume they aren't misleading you on purpose, k?

My questions is, if reapplying how do I answer the question in regards to have I ever applied to join the army before?  Technically I have but based on what I was told I officially haven't.

Thanks for your help.

I think your answer is found in the first part of your post I quoted.  Of course, you could do something crazy, like ask the staff at the CFRC...

Your file even though it was closed, is kept for a period of 3 years commencing from date of closure. When you reapply either in person or E-Recruiting, just mention you have a previous file, and they will marry your old file to your new one.

If you've send in core docs like photo ID, birt cert, transcripts, those will all be there, and you just need a new ERC, BackCheck and Employment Application.

Back