• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application 90% done!

I

inferno

Okay folks, I am NEARLY done my application! (Hooray!)

However I still have my 2 letters of reference left.
Could these be doctors/dentists? Or do they need to be people that have constant contact with you?

Also, what is the minimum time they should have known you for?
I know this is important, so I want to get it right.

Also, ANY suggestions on good brownie points on section H of the application? (Free-write part)

Thanks!

Well, I think my Application went well since it only took them 3 weeks to call me for my CFAT/Medical..

I had 4 referances, one that was 4 years from my Principle, another that was 3 years from my Teacher/Rugby coach who I knew really well (He acually knew me longer but screwed up) and the other two were 1 year+ from my bosses from work.

When I handed them in, I told the recruiter I only had one 4 year and that my Rugby coach messed up, he said I had enough referances and I should be great.

I acually got my mom to write my application which was funny since I‘m 20 lol, but her hand writing is so neat. I wrote my own interview questions though

Good luck..

:sniper: :tank: :fifty:
:cam:
:skull:

You have to write your own interview questions? I don‘t have that sheet, am I missing it?
I don‘t see it on the checklist here..

Also, what did you say during your Section H (the essay/personal writing part) ?

Ummm, section H????

I don‘t remember that :p

you shoulda gotten the package that contained "Preparing for your interview"

You gotta fill out the Personal Qualities questions 1-12.. You also gotta fill out your Fitness level sheet which comes with it..

:cam:

hi.
Inferno, where are u going to apply?

I got the applicant package from the recuriting center (12 Med Comp) He gives me all I need, and explain all the thing that I need to fill out. For the referance, he gives me 2 papers, I just need to give someone and fill it out. Or u can tell them to write a letter for u. Who can be the reference? Non-family members. Who know u 5 or more years. (like ur friends, teachers)Or u can find ur current co-workers, supervisors or employers.

At last, I don‘t know what I am going to write for the Section H. I am still thinking about that. May be I will write the reason I like to join army....or else.

I have the prepar the interview worksheet, I just have to fill in those questions.. and they will ask it. (he said)

I would personally think that your reasons for joining the CF are more closely examined during the Interview. Therefore, I probably wouldn‘t bother putting it in the "Additional Information" (unless you can‘t think of anything else to put).

I personally just tried to add a few things that I feel might give me a leg-up in the Forces. Things like my knowledge of a 3rd language, First Aid cert., school achievements - anything you can think of.

You don‘t HAVE to fill out the interview questions sheet, right? I say it just helps you to answer the questions. Got my interview in 2 weeks. I hope I get in, I have to. :warstory:

It was pretty hard for me to find references, luckily my teacher who‘s known me for a while, is a warrant officer in an infantry unit, forget which. So his reference helps alot i guess. :sniper:

Arty: Yes it did. :)

Darn reference letters. Still have to get them done. So hard tho who I could use.

hmm, yes.
hard to give advice for too, since we dont know who‘s involved in your life.
it‘s ok if they‘ve known u for like 2 or 3 years and if they dont see you that much.
I‘ve been having high school transcript problems,
my school is closing so I can‘t order from them
i have to go to the source. I just wish I got it
before it could close, could‘ve saved lots of
bus tickets. i hate paper work.

It‘s a good idea to pick references that are articulate but more importantly know which qualities you‘d like them to emphysize. I chose my references; one as a coach, and another as a teacher. I wanted my leadership skills and hard work skills highlighted by my coach and my math and science skills from my teacher, but this is only because I applied for RMC as an engineer. If you‘re applying for regular forces make sure you try to diversify your references and think, what does the army want(ie. leadership, hardwork, experience, language skills, communication skills etc.).

Your reference letters aren‘t really that important.

I was given a start date before my references (two buddies) finished filling out the form letter dealy.

I believe the references are mostly so they have a couple of people to contact for your background check.

Back