• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone have Original SWAT waterproof boots?

M

MikeL

Wondering if anyone has these boots an their thoughts on it. Or if you have any recommendations for good boots for wet/snow conditions.

While I can't say yay or nay on the Original SWATs, I can tell you that I swear by my Bates M9 Assault boots, they're good through mud, snow, water, pretty much whatever you throw at them. Very sturdy boots, too.

Big Foot said:
While I can't say yay or nay on the Original SWATs, I can tell you that I swear by my Bates M9 Assault boots, they're good through mud, snow, water, pretty much whatever you throw at them. Very sturdy boots, too.
I had a TERRIBLE experience with two subsequent pairs of waterproof SWATs some time ago.  Infact, I was so unimpressed I believe I posted a review of them somewhere on here.  HAving said that, they may have improved since.

I've been very happy with both my pairs of gortex Danners though.  The "Telson GTX" model is less expensive but also less "waterproof" and durable then my Acadias which are more heavily built.

My review can be found here:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/73260/post-704746.html#msg704746

The boots may have changed a fair bit since then however....

Thanks man, dunno how I missed that.

On the recommendation of another member(PM'd me) I'm gonna go with NEOS overboots. NEOS Explorers over my Original SWAT Classics should work out for me, hopefully.

Big Foot said:

We had great reports back from customers that have purchased the M9 Assault Boots from us, unfortunately though, Bates has discontinued this model, and replaced it with a side zip version which here in Gagetown the guys get alot of grief for wearing.

Another option for waterproof footwear is to get a pair of non-waterproof Original SWAT Classic 9"s and use them in conjunction with a pair of Sealskinz or Rocky Gore-Tex Oversocks.
I personally prefer that setup as my feet tend to sweat more than the average person, so with any kind of boot that has a waterproof/breathable membrane, unless I'm sitting static, my feet get soaking wet from perspiration quickly, and I either end up with blisters, athlete's foot, disgustingly stinky feet and socks, or a combination of all.  Being able to wear the waterproof socks for when I'm not doing much walking, i.e. defensive ops, OP/LP, bivouac, etc.  and then take them off if I'd be doing something involving alot of walking or exertion, i.e. patrolling, ruck march, etc. has worked out well for me.

Just my 2 cents though, as what works for me, might not necessarily work for you.

Cheers,

Matt

Back