• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone else joining the Rhileys from Hamilton?

dangles said:
Just to further add, I asked the Cpl. if we were going to be receiving our kit that day and he replied "You will be sided only."

No idea what that means....can any army types elaborate for me please?

I am thinking he said "Sized".  So they will take your measurments and at a latter date issue it.

dangerboy said:
I am thinking he said "Sized".  So they will take your measurments and at a latter date issue it.

Right that makes more sense, thank you.

I called RHLI and I was told that the new recruits will not be participating on parade nights until we have completed the training course.

I made the long drive on Monday and gave the Captain my papers, hopefully I'll be joining you in the Fall. Just waiting on the CFRC to call.

mwc said:
I made the long drive on Monday and gave the Captain my papers, hopefully I'll be joining you in the Fall. Just waiting on the CFRC to call.

You're cutting it close anyway, because when I applied back in May they were saying not many people were going to get in for the 2011 Fall BMQ...good news is that you'll get a head start for next year because they were saying they'd enrol people into the 2012 BMQ if there were too many for the 2011.

Congratulations all, the RHLI is a fine unit.  I served there for a few years once upon a time myself (almost certainly before any of you on this particular thread were born). I look back on my RHLI service with great fondness.  I hope you will too. 

Thanks DOB.

I received an official letter last week regarding my enrollment ceremony.  I also received my e-mail a few weeks ago.

I guess they don't need to make a phone call?

Have you guys started BMQ yet or does it begin in October? I've done everything but swear in.

We were sworn in at the end of August.  The BMQ this year starts in October.

Have you guys started yet? A couple weeks ago and they didn't say if I had made it on, but I'm guessing since it is October now and I haven't sworn in then i'll be on the winter one.

Whats the address for Hamilton's Canadian forces recruitment center address ? Not as a reserve but a full time ?

mwc said:
Have you guys started yet? A couple weeks ago and they didn't say if I had made it on, but I'm guessing since it is October now and I haven't sworn in then i'll be on the winter one.

Yes, it has already stated.  I just came back from the first BMQ weekend on Sunday.

So apparently I'm on the January course. Question for you guys on course right now, when are you done? Would us winter guys be done ours in time for SQ or I guess it's called BMQ(L) in Meaford next summer?

Back