• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone able to help ID the unit/taskforce of these guys?

That's how I hope to look by the end of my leave in a month...just not that big.  ;D

Spectrum said:
That's how I hope to look by the end of my leave in a month...just not that big.  ;D

Where are you going to find the old first-gen load bearing vest?  ;D

That is pretty sweet....

On other note:

I got this amazing handle bar stache on the go, while I work with my US counterparts... The US CSM just shakes in anger and want to say something. His face is always turning red. But I just keep smiling because I know I can get away with it.

Regards,
TN2IC

You know full well that he's likely got a hold of the Dress Regs and will be waiting in ambush with a ruler one day to let you know it's too long or something to that effect, just so he can finally say he won...but I say keep pulling his chain until then  ;D.

MM

PuckChaser said:
Where are you going to find the old first-gen load bearing vest?  ;D

Got one in the basement....goes to the highest bidder!        ;D

Not only do I know their unit/task force, I know both of these men personally.  Trust me, their size was less "fat" and more "muscle".  Both rather large (and fit!) men.  I love that poster.

medicineman said:
You know full well that he's likely got a hold of the Dress Regs and will be waiting in ambush with a ruler one day to let you know it's too long or something to that effect, just so he can finally say he won...but I say keep pulling his chain until then  ;D.

MM

I sure will keep pulling the chain.    >:D
crap pump on "High" mode.

barnaby_mini.png

(2) Moustaches (see Figure 2-2-2). When
moustaches are worn alone, the
unshaven portion of the face shall not
extend outwards beyond the corners of
the mouth. Moustaches shall be kept
neatly trimmed; not be greater than 2
cm (3/4 in.) in bulk; not extend below
the corners of the mouth, not protrude
beyond the width of the face when fully
extended horizontally and worn in a
waxed, handlebar style."

Thank god for the wax... LMAO...

Regards,
TN2IC

PS... And yes at the gym I make that "Ah hem" when I do a rep. (Referance to Family Guy)

"not protrude beyond the width of the face when fully extended horizontally and worn in a waxed, handlebar style"

Skip the wax and avoid the length limitation.

You need a http://www.handlebarclub.co.uk/faqs.shtml#curler

Or be like a couple of guys I know.  They sport quite the sideburns, and their means of getting away with it is as ingenious as it is hilarious.

They keep with them a copy of the appropriate regulations, which state that sideburns must bisect the ear.  They also have a copy of the Oxford Concise Dictionary, which is apparently the official dictionary in use by the CF - the "final authority", if you will.  Therein, "to bisect" is defined, apparently, as "to cut into two"... Nothing about "in half" or "equal parts".  What they do is get the protesting Sgt Major type to concede that drawings are meant merely as a guide, whereupon they produce the definition, noting that their sideburns are just above the bottom of their earlobes, "bisecting the ear".

It seems to work.

medicineman said:

MM

If it is KFOR, it can't be 94/95, Canada didn't deploy into Kosovo until 1999 and if I recall correctly the RCR battlegroup arrived just before Christmas, so this would have to be 1999/2000. 1994 would also be before IFOR/SFOR time period.

It is indeed in Kosovo, from 1 RCR BG. 

As an aside, in 94/95, the WO in the pic was at The RCR Battle School as an instructor.

Technoviking said:
It is indeed in Kosovo, from 1 RCR BG. 
As an aside, in 94/95, the WO in the pic was at The RCR Battle School as an instructor.

:cheers:  We laughed when the pics came out then and I still get a smile at those now.  The Pl Comd had an equally fine beard.

With respect to timelines.  2 RCR was there 92/93 augmented by B Coy 1 RCR.  1 RCR then returned augmented by 2 RCR K Coy? in 94/95.  Was there for both and my tours may have been off which one the photos were  taken on.  Perhaps we were there at the sametime?  All the best, Dan.

ammocat said:
1994 would also be before IFOR/SFOR time period.

Correct. 1994 was still UNPROFOR. The mission did not become IFOR until 1996.

cdnleaf said:
my tours may have been off which one the photos were  taken on. 

The photo with the beards is from Op KINETIC Roto 1 in Kosovo. I was on Roto zero and we were replaced in the 3rd week of December 1999. Neither one fo your tours match the time the picture was taken and were not in the same AO.

cdnleaf said:
:cheers:  We laughed when the pics came out then and I still get a smile at those now.  The Pl Comd had an equally fine beard.

With respect to timelines.  2 RCR was there 92/93 augmented by B Coy 1 RCR.  1 RCR then returned augmented by 2 RCR K Coy? in 94/95.  Was there for both and my tours may have been off which one the photos were  taken on.  Perhaps we were there at the sametime?  All the best, Dan.

1 RCR took over from my mob with 1PPCLI in 94 - mission was still UNPROFOR, therefore they'd have been wearing blue.  The Warrior behind them is also not in UN white - so would have to be post UN at the least.

On a bit of a tangent, weird, being that they are Royals, they deployed into an operational area with beards intact - when I was with the Patricias in 94, the RSM was adamant that even people with a chit for a beard were to shave them off, including the Pioneers.  Who said the PPCLI weren't anal  ;D?

MM

Back