• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any STARGATE SG-1 & STARGATE Atlantis Fans Out There? Need Some Input

Infanteer101

Inactive
Reaction score
G'Day all, wondering if there are any fellow diehard Stargate SG-1 and STARGATE Atlantis fans out there? Wanting to know whether folks are finding the new season a little stupid as opposed to old ones (Seasons 1-8) with Col. O'Neill (Now Brig. Gen) and the old gang including old enemies (The G'ould) ? Keep 'em coming...what are your likes and dislikes if any? Any changes in the second season of STARGATE ATLANTIS?

I  haven't actually seen Stargate Atlantis, but it does seem to me that it's going downhill compared to the 8 seasons from Stargate SG1.

Man, O'neil came out of retirement.  I would have expected him to retire again instead of dialing an underwater city.

As a huge Farscape fan I was looking forward to the show with both Ben and Claudia on it. However I just can't find anything interesting about the character played by Ben. And Claudia's seems to be there for comic relief. If Claudia still didn't look so hot (to this old guy), I don't know if I'd bother watching.

Atlantis needs more action and less of the touchy feely story lines. Again, I haven't found a character who I care much about.

I guess I watch both out of habit and while I'm waiting for Battlestar Gallactica to come on. Now there is a show!

By the new season do you mean 9?  I watch SG-1 on Space, and they aren't showing season 9 yet.  :(  I'm expecting it to be pretty crappy with the new team, but I'll give it a shot.  I'm addicted to SG-1, I have seasons 1-7 on DVD, and I'll get 8 as soon as I can!  ;D
I haven't really watched Atlantis - I saw an episode or two but I haven't been able to get into it. 

SG1 is one of my "Stories" that daddy has to watch to keep the Bad Man away :rage: ;D

Season 9 starts in the fall...correct?

Saw a bite of Atlantis..looks promising

What about the revamped BattleStar Galactica?

I don't have cable, so I haven't seen SG Atlantis (yet).

However, for me, Stargate is like Star Trek - I liked it from the beginning, and it's like those crude jokes that Molson Export paraphrased: "... any Ex is better than no Ex ..."
(with the exception of that debacle with whatever that space station was called ... how can you "trek" if you're in a frikkin' space station parked by a drain hole ..."Star Wreck"?)

As for corny ... yah, whatever (meh).
Sometimes I enjoy relaxing, putting my feet up, and my brain in neutral ... (at home, that is - I'm not like the tards I work with who do this at the office ...)

While I did not care for Jack being promoted and Smamantha taking command of the team I look forward to the 9th season and Atlantis (whenever Space decides to air)I am hoping for reruns for Season 8 as I missed a bunch of episodes.

As for Battlestar Galalctica. IIRC its already airing on the Sci Fi network in the US so hopefully the second season will start up here soon.

I watched the first seven seasons, then it got boring. I also watched Startrek Voyager. Both good shows.

While I won't be able to watch Season 9 until I'm back home...Atlantis isn't too bad. Season 2 is to start in September.

Mind you it can do with some tweeking. Not enough action, characters that are a bit bland. No comedic caracters to speak of.

The writers had better get off their butts and get to work. This one may go the same way as Star Trek Enterprise.

Regards

Wow this forum is doing kinda well, since I started it anyways. I managed to score myself all 8 previous seasons of Stargate SG-1 and the first season of Stargate Atlantis...finally...I must say that I'm a little dissapointed with the new season (9) of Stargate SG-1. While I'm still an avid fan and willing to give it a few episodes before I decide that it sucks completely, the first few episodes so far have sucked. The new hottie "Valla" is a nice edition though  :) As for Stargate Atlantis, there isn't much of a development, it remains interesting on it's own level and of-course our own Canadian "Tayla" continues to be a** kicka**ingly hot. For folks trying to get episodes or even entire seasons Try "Bit Comet" and search for Stargate and you will likely find entire seasons available in a single download at "Torrent Spy". Cheers! :cdn:

I've followed SG-1 for a couple years now and just recently this year I've started watching most of the reruns, Season 7 leading to Season 8 I believe and I love watching them (old and new episodes) when I get the chance to.

Atlantis, I watched about the first 9-10 episodes and I felt they just made it a little too predictable and not interesting enough for me to follow up on it. Perhaps because of all the new actors or they didnt transition SG-1 to Atlantis very well  ???

Looking forward to SG-1 season 9 (still miss O'neil on the field though)

P.S. was some good specials on the space channel tonight:

From Stargate to Atlantis: A Sci-Fi Lowdown  (Special) ``Stargate Atlantis,'' companion series to ``Stargate SG-1.''

Star! Inside: Stargate SG-1  (Special) Cast members talk about their experiences with the show and give a tour of the SG-1 compound.

Dan  :salute:

I have been an avid watcher of both shows.  I am currently on 909 I think for both, I don't care for the new episodes so much of SG1.  They meet with the Ori which are not near as cool as the old bad guys.  The show just isn't the same without the old characters, I still watch it because well i've been doing so this long and it is still entertaining.  I don't care for the new female (don't know what her name is) as someone mentioned the comic relief factor she gets on my nerves.  As for Atlantis, I enjoy them.  If it came down to it i would probably watch atlantis over SGI now. 

Gubbels

bossi said:
......(with the exception of that debacle with whatever that space station was called ... how can you "trek" if you're in a frikkin' space station parked by a drain hole ..."Star Wreck"?)

You aren't talking about this show, are you?

http://www-fi2.starwreck.com/

A Finnish Sci-Fi spoof.

Cool Geroge. I can't fiqure out if thats a movie for real or a joke. I liked Stargate tiill Teal'c grew hair.

Larry Strong said:
Cool Geroge. I can't fiqure out if thats a movie for real or a joke. I liked Stargate tiill Teal'c grew hair.

It is a full length movie.

Want a bit of early 1970s retro-futuristic british sci-fi?  Check out these links:

http://www.torrentspy.com/directory.asp?mode=sub&id=530

http://ufoseries.com/

Its old but fun to watch.  I like the purple haired girls.  Mmmmmm...
...Moonbase girls.

>>Paladin<< said:
... I managed to score myself all 8 previous seasons of Stargate SG-1 and the first season of Stargate Atlantis...As for Stargate Atlantis, there isn't much of a development, it remains interesting on it's own level and of-course our own Canadian "Tayla" continues to be a** kicka**ingly hot. ...

Bummer!  I was Duty Offr last night - had to content myself with whatever season/episode was on Space Channel ... sigh ... (i.e. as opposed to having a Stargate marathon/all-nighter ... haha!)

Then again, I've also got to sit down and watch the entire first season of "Lost" ...
(so little time, so many movies ...)

Back