• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anti-Pers mines

E

ender

So what does the Ottawa treaty actually say is banned? There seems to be no concensus.

Are booby traps included? What about anti-tampering devices? I‘d heard that scatterable mines are not mentioned at all. What about magnectic influence mines, are they actually banned or is Canada just being over-zealous?

Are hands are going to be ties if we are in a war, with a treaty that only we have signed. (No possible agressor nations have agreed) Is anyone devoloping new doctrine that doesn‘t use mines?

AP mines are the only mines banned. It does not matter if they are scatterable or not. Booby-traps are a grey area. They are not banned, but thier nature is such that one would think they would have been included in the treaty.

The concern over our magnetic influence mines is that they may be too sensitive. This is a concern for safety reasons and because it restricts thier effective employment. As far as being an AP mine; if a person on the battle field can detonate a MI mine with the metal carred on him, then that mine is AP.

In addition to my last point, manualy detonated mines are not banned. They are controled by a person and can discriminate against targets.

Back