• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another Aussie Digger Killed

dodger39

Inactive
Reaction score
MSPA 349/10 Saturday, 14 August 2010

Australian soldier killed in Afghanistan

A Special Forces soldier serving with the Special Operations Task Group in Afghanistan was killed in action during an engagement with insurgents early this morning [AEST].

29 year old, Trooper Jason Thomas Brown from the Perth-based Special Air Service Regiment died as a result of gunshot wounds sustained in the engagement. Trooper Brown's family was notified in the early hours of this morning and they have agreed to the release of his name.

Trooper Brown's family have requested that the media respect their privacy at this extremely difficult time.

Trooper Brown was part of a combined Australian and Afghan patrol conducting operations in Northern Kandahar at the time of the incident.

Acting Chief of the Defence Force, Lieutenant General David Hurley, said despite the best efforts of his mates and a rapid aero-medical evacuation, Trooper Brown was pronounced dead on arrival at the International Security Assistance Force Kandahar Medical Facility.

"We are all deeply saddened by the loss of this fine young Australian," Lieutenant General Hurley said.

"I offer my sympathies to Jason's family and the Australian Defence Force remains committed to providing full support during the difficult days and weeks ahead."

"This terrible incident is a sad reminder of the dangers faced by our soldiers in Afghanistan on a daily basis and the risks they take on behalf of this country to make Afghanistan a better place."

Trooper Brown will return to Australia in the coming days. He is the 18th Australian soldier to be killed in Afghanistan.

Who Dares Wins!

You and your mates dared I know that in the end you won.

RIP

Audeamus!

RIP Trooper Brown.  Thoughts and prayers to his family and comrades.

Who Dares has dared and won.
Rest In Peace Trooper,
A sad day for my friends and family down unda!!
:salute:
:cdn:  :yellow:

Back