• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Am I lucky or am I just thinking wishfull thoughts?

Kevin_B

Inactive
Reaction score
I did my med and interveiw on tuesday and the interveiwer said that I should get a job offer in about 2-3 months. I'm going armour (or infantry, whatever comes first) reg force. The guy who did my med said theres nothing wrong with me (whew) and I answered "no" to everything on that med form (truefully), the only thing he needed was some form to be filled out be an optromitist and sent back to him which I did. I'm worried that may delay things.

I've been in the process for about two months.

I don't see how you would be lucky, a lot of applicants have the same situation as you.

After reading a few threads here, I was wouldn't have known that.

hmm, on reading your post here.. you mention you need a note from your eye doctor.

do you have really bad eyes? or some condition?

because it seems almost like you did fine on everything, so lets hold him up anyway we can....

maybe im just being narrow-minded here, but has anyone passed through medical testing without SOMETHING nicking them and holding them back for a day or two?

CFRC would not ask for further info if there was no problem.  Saying that they would do that just to basically screw someone over is a very uneducated comment.  In answer to your other question, I made it through my medical (and others since then) without being asked to provide any further information.  I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

I made it through my medical without any hold ups.

I had to fill out an allergy form, because I had mentioned that I had previously suffered from seasonal allergies.  Nothing major, but it also didn't hold up my file for any period of time.  I did the medical on February 11, had the form back to the medic a couple days later, and the completed file (which, I assume, would include the completed medical, sent to, and received from Borden) was sent for selection on March 24. 

Theres nothing wrong with my eyes, I'm just near sighted and the doctor says it's minor. She said I was 20/40 uncorrected or something like that (no idea what that means).

20/20 = 100%
20/40 = 50%  or one eye isn't as good as the other.  I don't wear glasses, but I take it that's what it means.

If your visual acuity is determined to be 20/20, you see at 20 feet what a person with normal vision sees at 20 feet. If you have 20/40 vision, you see at 20 feet what a person with 20/20 vision would see at 40 feet. And, if you're one of the lucky ones (e.g., 20/15), you can see at 20 feet what others would have to move closer (15 feet) to see...

RopeTech said:
If your visual acuity is determined to be 20/20, you see at 20 feet what a person with normal vision sees at 20 feet. If you have 20/40 vision, you see at 20 feet what a person with 20/20 vision would see at 40 feet. And, if you're one of the lucky ones (e.g., 20/15), you can see at 20 feet what others would have to move closer (15 feet) to see...

Wow, I never heard that before, very imformative.

Back