• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Allowances - Post Living Differential (PLD) [MERGED]

I was posted to the Language school, now Im posted to CMR St-jean on IR.

IIRC there is no PLD if you are posted to the St-Jean area.  Where your GF is working has no bearing.  So, until you are posted to Vic, no PLD. 

volition said:
I was posted to the Language school, now Im posted to CMR St-jean on IR.

Uhh... isn't CMR Campus the location of the language school?

geo said:
Uhh... isn't CMR Campus the location of the language school?

There's quite a few language schools in the CF where one can be posted to for the year long french course etc.

One right here in my neck of the woods.

volition said:
Ok, here's my question...If you enrolled from New Brunswick, then doing ojt in St-Jean, then you decide to move all your things to Victoria, BC (Cause gf got a job there), I'm I entitled to PLD, of if I go there to do OJT? THanx. :salute:

Ummm....
Enrolled in NB - Check
Posted to St Jean for OJT - Check
GF Moves to Victoria BC for a job.... _ Huh?

What does the location of your GF have to do with anything.
If you haven't been posted to the west coast, why would the crown move your GF at crown expense
Also, if she is your GF and not your wife - common law or otherwise - why would the CF recognize you as living in either NB or BC?

geo said:
If you haven't been posted to the west coast, why would the crown move your GF at crown expense
Bingo, unless the DHG&E have been relocated at Crown expense no entitlement exists.

A quick look at the CBI's or through various threads on this forum would of answered his question:
205.45(3) (Policy) The purpose of the PLD is to reduce the adverse financial impact on military members and their families when posted to a PLDA (excluding isolated posts) with a COL above the national average.

I was told by Mid July this would be all rectified. It's like money in the bank!

volition said:
Ok, here's my question...If you enrolled from New Brunswick, then doing ojt in St-Jean, then you decide to move all your things to Victoria, BC (Cause gf got a job there), I'm I entitled to PLD, of if I go there to do OJT? THanx. :salute:
I had one of my troops go thru moving F&E (furniture and effects) after enrollment.  Its a nightmare if you haven't contact relocation services first and get permission from the chain of command.  Last time I check (and did speak with relocation services) When you enroll they will only more F&E from location of enrollment.  IF you enrolled in NB and as far as relocation knows that is where you F&E is located then they will only move your stuff from NB.  The troop working for me had his F&E located with his parents and they moved 500km closer to his posting, he had to move his F&E back to his place of enrollment then Relocation services assisted and paid for the remainder of the move.  Remember that this happen 2 years ago and policy changes every year with Royal lepage.  So talk to them and your clerks.  Your MPRR will reflect where your F&E is located.
Kirsten

HFXCrow said:
I was told by Mid July this would be all rectified. It's like money in the bank!

Umm.... of which year ???

Kirsten Luomala said:
I had one of my troops go thru moving F&E (furniture and effects) after enrollment.  Its a nightmare if you haven't contact relocation services first and get permission from the chain of command.  Last time I check (and did speak with relocation services) When you enroll they will only more F&E from location of enrollment.  IF you enrolled in NB and as far as relocation knows that is where you F&E is located then they will only move your stuff from NB.  The troop working for me had his F&E located with his parents and they moved 500km closer to his posting, he had to move his F&E back to his place of enrollment then Relocation services assisted and paid for the remainder of the move.  Remember that this happen 2 years ago and policy changes every year with Royal lepage.  So talk to them and your clerks.  Your MPRR will reflect where your F&E is located.
Kirsten

I call B.S. on this one or your troop did something he wasn't supposed to or misinterpreted the rules.  There are scenarios like this and there are guidelines on how to deal with them. I have never seen someone forced to move their F&E back to thier original point of enrollment just to get it taken to thier first posting.

Kirsten Luomala said:
Kirsten

I have to agree with mover on this one.  Moved his F&E back to his prior location? To where? His parents moved. Did they rent a storage for a day? Nah... very hard to believe.  If anything, the contractor would have readjusted his values for his envelopes. They will also move dependants too - not just F&E... also, policy with Royal LePage doesn't change every year...

Im on IR in St-Jean. My gf(Common-law), my current address is Fredericton, now she`s moving to Victoria(my own expense), all my stuff is going as well, cause the company she works for is paying part of the move.

It doesn't matter where your gf/common-law is.  You get PLD for where you are posted, if applicable.

Here is the link from Royal Lepage Relocation book for APS 08 http://www.forces.gc.ca/dgcb/dcba/pdf/CFIRP_policy_A-PP-005-IRP-AG-001-1_Apr-08_e.pdf
go to pages 87-90. Page 87 states
When CF members become entitled to move their (D)HG&E they may move from
-the location of LTS(long term storage) or
-the residence that was occupied by CF member and/or dependents prior to enrollment.

Violition I would recommend (as stated in my original post)  Read the relocation booklet (link above) Contact Royal lepage relocation and talk to your clerks.  At the least your Commonlaw spouse can move but put your belongings in LTS in NB to ensure it follows you.
Kirsten

volition said:
Im on IR in St-Jean. My gf(Common-law), my current address is Fredericton, now she`s moving to Victoria(my own expense), all my stuff is going as well, cause the company she works for is paying part of the move.

I just hope for your sake that you eventually get posted to Esquimault
cause the alternatives are....
- you have to move your GF & F&E back to the east coast if that's where you're posted OR
- you lose your GF & possibly your F&E when she dumps you & keeps everything OR
- you quit the CF in order to meet up with the GF...

Kirsten Luomala said:
Here is the link from Royal Lepage Relocation book for APS 08 http://www.forces.gc.ca/dgcb/dcba/pdf/CFIRP_policy_A-PP-005-IRP-AG-001-1_Apr-08_e.pdf
go to pages 87-90. Page 87 states
When CF members become entitled to move their (D)HG&E they may move from
-the location of LTS(long term storage) or
-the residence that was occupied by CF member and/or dependents prior to enrollment.

Violition I would recommend (as stated in my original post)  Read the relocation booklet (link above) Contact Royal lepage relocation and talk to your clerks.  At the least your Commonlaw spouse can move but put your belongings in LTS in NB to ensure it follows you.
Kirsten

In the case of your private we would do two hypothetical moves,  One from the place of his original employment and the other from his new residence. If the move from his new residence cost less than the move from his original place of enrollment then he pays the crown nothing.
If it costs more then the extra monies has to be paid by the member. (all we are talking about is the transportation fee. Not the packing or unpacking fee or the insurance or the fuel surcharge etc etc so the cost is minimal)
The member can either ask for reimbursement thought DCBA or see royal lepage to get some funding from one of his envelopes to cover it. 

Just on a quick note of UFI - The average Private moves less than 500 lbs of crap to his initial posting and this costs the department a lot of cash each year.

mover1 said:
Just on a quick note of UFI - The average Private moves less than 500 lbs of crap to his initial posting and this costs the department a lot of cash each year.

Are you suggesting that we not move their "crap"?

volition said:

Posting clear and accurate information is important.  From the CF policy perspective, having a girlfriend makes you single WRT to benefits.  Having common-law status with the CF means you have the correct paperwork filled out correctly, signed off by your CO, copies on your Pers File and your HRMS data changed to reflect your marital status as Common Law.

Now, do you, or do you NOT have common law status IAW CF policy?  (note, if you have not filled out any paperwork and submitted it to your CoC, you likely do not have common law status in the CF.)

mover1 said:

Interesting UFI. The average CD wearer moves at least 500 lbs of 'I love me wall/room trinkets,mugs, books, plaques, prints etc. during any/all moves in the latter 20 years of their career.  No one blinks an eye.  The Privates' 500 lbs of crap is his life or all meaningful, mobile parts thereof.  I say it is a small price to pay to allow them to transition to their new life.

mover1 said:

Does this include ex-wives??  >:D

Back