• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things Vegetarian/Vegan (merged)

aesop081 said:
Since when is this about you ?  If your diet choices are exactly that, choices, then suck it up and eat what you are provided and count yourself lucky that resupply made it to where you are.

I guess we cant all be self-sacrificing saints like yourself who eat dirt every day
while shouting: "thank you sir, may I have another".

Tell me, do you bother to pick up a pay check? Or is the joy of serving reward enough?

To serve in the CF you settle for a check.
To serve in the CF I settle for a check and vegan lunch box. So sue me.

FACT:  You do not know everything.

Thanks, any other revelations that you feel like sharing?

Look folks, I'm not a vegan and won't likely become one, but how about you guys come up with some hard facts instead of little testosterone fueld cheapshots? Neuromancer has provided links and studies to prove his point, and while I don't agree with his conclusions they are not without basis.

two of my best friends became hardcore vegetarians from my example, not from my preaching.
smoking is bad for you, but like Denis Leary pointed out "you could make the cigarette packs all black with a skull and cross bones on it, call them tumours, people would be running out to buy them, "

yay for choices is right.
i don't bug people about eating me, but they sure bug me about not eating it.

neuromancer said:
I guess we cant all be self-sacrificing saints like yourself who eat dirt every day
while shouting: "thank you sir, may I have another".

Tell me, do you bother to pick up a pay check? Or is the joy of serving reward enough?

To serve in the CF you settle for a check.
To serve in the CF I settle for a check and vegan lunch box. So sue me.

I never asked about pay......i love what i do and i would do it for free if hydro and food were free.  I'm not in for money, so yes the priviledge of serving is why i'm here.  Do not be so presumptous as to tell me why i am in the military.  I have been doing this for a long time and you have not earned the right to lecture me. Get back to me when you have some time in and experience to base your claptrap on !!

hahahahahah there's always one, frankly I enjoyed slicing through my 16 oz Medium Rare steak tonight, to top it off with some sauteed shrimp, and can't wait to throw half a dozen RAW egg's in my protein shake tomorrow.....

my point (which as we can all see I'm horrible of making) is you can do this and not eat that and live life healthy, but the bottom line man is ya live once! If you don't die from what your preventing yourself from, then its another, an another, eat as healthy as you want, what you want, how much you want want, but you cant isolate and run away from environment problems such as the air pollution, carbon monoxide from 2nd hand smoke, natural diseases that occur in the human body, car accidents or drunk drivers for that fact! 

Your choice, as everyone has said, is your choice

....now where did i put that triple cheeseburger??? Please send all rants to my Inbox

Goodnight :salute:

Oh my gosh, that really made me laugh, thanks Mike F.

Just so you know, Im a Chef, I work full-time at a large restaurant.
I cook a lot of steak every day. I serve a lot of cheese as well. Thats my job.

With my knowledge about what makes food taste so good, I bet I could
make you the best steak you've ever eaten.

16 oz of AAA flame-broiled marinated and butter-soaked heaven.

Hold on, let me warm up the defibulator. bbbbzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzz ZAP..

ok, all set, open-wide!

neuromancer said:
Wow, when did I not show tolerance? When I tried to warn you of possible dangers?
You have a funny way of saying thanks. I guess my input isnt wanted, so feel free to stop reading this thread anytime.

Today the link between animal products and many different diseases is as strongly supported in the scientific literature
as is the link between smoking and lung cancer.

Hopefully in 20 years people will feel the same way about eating animal products as people today are
starting to feel about smoking.

..You are so full of shit. Not to mention being a total hypocrite: you say "when did I not show intolerance?" then in your mind, attempted to warn us of the possible "dangers" and almost every post you made has been of a "vegans are right and superior" attitude - don't try to hide it by claiming the moral highground because it's blatently obvious. You sit there and say things about animal products and smoking - hey guess what: you're still forcing your half-assed beliefs on everyone else here - which you twist around in your own head to label "educating"

Vegans exactly like you are the complete reason I don't like vegans to begin with.You're question was legitimate enough: but you just couldn't resist "sharing" all your wonderful information with us, could you? If you want to eat just that - fine. If you think it's a better lifestyle - fine. But so many people like you feel the need to press it on others and it quickly becomes some sort of superiority complex. I feel the need to "educate" you in telling you that you are not, in any way shape or form, superior to us club carrying meat eaters. If I truly cared enough to debate this issue with you, (I don't) I could easily link and reference all sorts of sources exclaiming how neglecting animal meats/fats are bad for your health. Street moves in two ways pal.

In many ways, I liken you to those damned Christian types (mostly Southern Baptist) who force Jesus and God upon others and tell them how their lives are wrong (and theirs are coincidentally, right) and that they're going to hell. They show the same ignorance and sickening holier-than-thou attitude that you're showing.

I'm off for the night. I may even go eat some chicken breasts I cooked earlier before I do. Gee, I hope I survive the night.

well i just cooked up some italian saussage and fries......

MODS : i dare say the lock can go on as i think this has run its course.

Just so ya know buddy I am a Kitchen Manager, Ya a 19 Yr old. Kitchen Manager, Come on down to Niagara Region I'll show ya the place, I will GLADLY take you up on a bet to cook the BEST 10 oz Austin Rose, 16 oz T-Bone, the biggest 14 oz burgers, you would ever taste, oh wait sorry your a virgin ...vegan!

I'm done with this! I'm not one to say but aesop081 is right this threads gone too far!

Too bad, I was still waiting for the card carrying meat eaters to actually come up with a coherent, reasonable response.

Mike F. said:
Just so ya know buddy I am a Kitchen Manager, Ya a 19 Yr old. Kitchen Manager, Come on down to Niagara Region I'll show ya the place, I will GLADLY take you up on a bet to cook the BEST 10 oz Austin Rose, 16 oz T-Bone, the biggest 14 oz burgers, you would ever taste, oh wait sorry your a virgin ...vegan!

I'm done with this! I'm not one to say but aesop081 is right this threads gone too far!

Hey, I was managing a restaurant at  19 too, small world. Careful you dont bite off more than you can
chew with that little contest proposal. We could have an independant pannel or something.. hehe

Anyway, cheers mate.
Yeah, lock it up. Either that or muzzle Steve because its getting out of hand, I think
the rest of us are just having some fun.

because i love those pretty eye brit, i'll give you a good one.
eating meat is good because:

you take on the power of the animal you killed when you eat it.

MOOOOO, damn good thing you don't kill your own meat eh! 14oz burger.
LOL, i had a 4oz veggie burger the other day from wimmpy's. mmmm veggie burger.

Steve said:
..You are so full of crap. Not to mention being a total hypocrite: you say "when did I not show intolerance?"

I do not think those words mean what you think they mean.
Maybe you need a dictionary so you can look up "hypocrite" and "intolerance".

After you've looked them up, then re-read the post you just made and ask yourself
which of us is showing "intolerance" and which one is actually the "hypocrite".

Have a good night.

Oh, and one more thing, I think you have serious personal issues. I really hope we dont serve together.

man, i don't eat me cause i love animals LOL, can't we all just get along?

Manimal said:
man, i don't eat me cause i love animals LOL, can't we all just get along?

I know it was a typo but I still find that pretty funny  ;D

Let's keep the name calling and mud slinging to a minimum, shall we?

Topic locked.

Yep, the Atkins Diet company just filed for bankruptcy and court protection.

Read the article here= http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=509&e=6&u=/ap/20050801/ap_on_bi_ge/atkins_bankruptcy

For those who are un-aware, Atkins is a Diet plan.

The Atkins diet recommends that you eat primarily high-fat, high-protein, fiberless animal
foods and attempt to eliminate carbohydrates from your diet. Atkins menus average 60-70
percent of calories from fat and contain no whole grains and no fruit.

Hundreds of scientific studies have documented the link between animal products
and various cancers. Though it would be wrong to say that animal foods are the sole
cause of cancer.

Not only does the Atkins diet promote the heavy use of highly carcinogenic
food-types but it also forbids the use of fruit and whole grains. Studies show that
fruit exclusion alone is a significant cancer marker.

Stomach and esophageal cancer are linked to populations that do not consume sufficient amounts of fruit.

There is also a striking consistency in many scientific investigations that show a reduction in incidence of colo-rectal
cancer and stomach cancer with the intake of whole grains.

Atkins trys to convince his followers that he knows better than leading nutritional research scientists.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

neuromancer said:
Atkins trys to convince his followers that he knows better than leading nutritional research scientists.

Dr. Atkins has been dead for a few years now, just so you know.  But yeah, their stuff was all hyped up, there are much better/healthier high protein/low carb diets. 

Correct me if I am wrong...but army.ca is a site regarding the military...

or has it become a who eats better and will live longer, dietary forum...

neuromancer enough already please...

dileas

tess

Back