• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things Socks (merged)

Loachman said:
Combat boots?

If so, that person was either an idiot, a rectum, or both - the proper term for which is "ignoranus".

And this is how things go from bad to worse for those of us behind the counter - calling a supply tech an "ignorant a**h***" may be a little harsh and premature. I'm not saying there are no dicks at Clothing Stores, however when I read the OP's comment for the reason for the boots being too big, based on experience, I feel there was something lost in translation.

I would have said something similar THIS way - "We size you for your boots a little more meticulously nowadays based on the fact that we have virtually millimeters between sizes. If you come in to size for boots wearing your wife's thin little ankle socks and I size you, when you put those same boots on WITH the sock system it will be too tight on your foot. Conversely if you are sized wearing your sock system and then put on your thin ankle socks, the boots will be too big."

Please understand - someone (not all, but many) comes into Clothing Stores with certain expectations. Often, their expectations are not met to their satisfaction. 99% of the time, the tech on the counter is only following direction and policy. Then, that "someone" goes on a rant to whomever is in earshot about how we are all "ignoranus'" and idiots.

Are hot weather socks only issued to members heading out on deployment? 
Specifically the  Socks calf height, hot weather, dark sand 8440-20-003-3316

Jarnhamar said:
Are hot weather socks only issued to members heading out on deployment? 
Specifically the  Socks calf height, hot weather, dark sand 8440-20-003-3316

I would do a lot of unspeakable things to get more of those socks. I never wear the sock system and love those brown socks.

PuckChaser said:
I would do a lot of unspeakable things to get more of those socks. I never wear the sock system and love those brown socks.

Unspeakable you say? Socks you say?? Brown you say?

I may (hey that rhymes with say) know a guy...

PuckChaser said:

I was lucky to deploy twice in quick succession so I got a good supply of those.  I normally wear those with wool socks.

SupersonicMax said:
I was lucky to deploy twice in quick succession so I got a good supply of those.  I normally wear those with wool socks.

It's funny because there are many who absolutley love those socks! I was never gone on them myself. And I had access to thousands! I am a white tube-sock kinda guy.

Costco merino wool, whether it's summer or winter works for me

Jarnhamar said:
So are these bad boys for deployment only?

I thought so?  Although during my first deployment, they tried to issue me a few pairs of knee-high tan polyester dress socks. 

Back