• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

Look, everybody knows you should never pay attention to anything a Major has to say.
Maybe it's different in the Army and Air Force, but from my experience in the Navy, it's the LCdrs who have the biggest and grasp of just about everything. Not ALL LCdrs, there are a fair number of plugs, but if you need a complete and thorough understanding of something, meaning not just the what, but the how, the why, the 2nd and 3rd order effects, the interactions with other things (and these "somethings" could be anything from naval tactics to personnel management policies), the LCdrs seem to be the only once with that whole picture.

Maybe it's different in the Army and Air Force, but from my experience in the Navy, it's the LCdrs who have the biggest and grasp of just about everything. Not ALL LCdrs, there are a fair number of plugs, but if you need a complete and thorough understanding of something, meaning not just the what, but the how, the why, the 2nd and 3rd order effects, the interactions with other things (and these "somethings" could be anything from naval tactics to personnel management policies), the LCdrs seem to be the only once with that whole picture.
People in the Canadian Navy understand naval tactics?

Could have fooled me. I always found it perplexing how uninterested most of the Canadian Navy Braintrust seemed with actual warfighting.

Maybe if you'd spent more time on the east coast and less with the sandy bottom training fleet, you'd see some of that. ;)

Only if I wanted to play make believe LARPing in the North Atlantic and not do actual Military Ops 🤣

That said, both Coasts are basically atrophying basic naval warfare skills LOL.

It used to be that, if you wanted an answer to a naval warfare question, you would go ask one of the two TACCOs in the embarked HELAIRDET. They were likely the only ones onboard who had actually read all of the tactical pubs and had usually been through more sets of workups and exercises than anyone else, due to “jetty jumping”…

Could have fooled me. I always found it perplexing how uninterested most of the Canadian Navy Braintrust seemed with actual warfighting.

Try being Logistics or Engineering... At lest NWOs LARP at warfare. The CS an CSS side is ignored if not simply receiving distain and suspicion as being force detractors.

Last edited:

The fact that the statement of requirements for AOPS has "awning for shade over the flight deck for cocktail parties on said deck" listed before "armaments" enters the chat.

Back