• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

So you buy all your food, supplements, medications, exercise advice from non-profit organizations?? Hmm, didn't know there were that many....
As expected, the point sails about six miles over your head. To help you along, consider this question; what other product am I mandated to ingest, consume, or inject at the threat of losing my livelihood? And consider that those who make it are telling us how much we must take.

As expected, the point sails about six miles over your head. To help you along, consider this question; what other product am I mandated to ingest, consume, or inject at the threat of losing my livelihood? And consider that those who make it are telling us how much we must take.
Don't forget the immunity from prosecution if/when babies with three eyes start showing up. :cool:

You might get a bit further if you didn't take a position of hostility tbh.

Attack the idea, not the person. That goes for everyone in this thread though.

It's a deeply divisive issue.

I find alot of people these days let their opinions and views become a part of their identity.

When their views or opinions are challanged they take it personally and its as if their integrity itself is being attacked.

I find alot of people these days let their opinions and views become a part of their identity.

When their views or opinions are challanged they take it personally and its as if their integrity itself is being attacked.
Yes, I have differing views then a lot of people on here concerning this and many other things. Doesn't mean I don't respect them or don't think their opinion isn't valuable.

A good friend of mine who was my roommate in University is basically the biggest hippie on the planet. He did terribly in the Military (surprised surprise) and we differ in views on basically everything.

He is a good friend though and if he called and needed something or I needed something, I know he would drop everything he was doing and do it. That's what a good friend is.

All of these pages upon pages, in this and other threads about mandated vaccination, remind me of one single sentence I read on here,

I can't see how an argument exists that we can tell someone to charge head-first into certain death, but not take a vaccine that billions of people have taken with no issues.

Wait til people spout two extra arms from the third booster, and need an extra set of gloves, an extra pair of elbow pads, and a second stick.

#InvestInAlcan

I think people should be able to make their own choices about what they put in to their bodies and it's nobody elses business.
And when those people, who were medically able but decided not to get vaccinated, collectively are the ones crashing the healthcare system (again) they should be free of consequences for the damages their decision caused?

Choosing not to get the vaccine risks the lives of other people. So, I guess “my body my choice” only applies to what comes out of a needle. If my choice impacts my body and your body, I only have to consider my wants and don’t let your health and safety weigh on my wants?

And when those people, who were medically able but decided not to get vaccinated, collectively are the ones crashing the healthcare system (again) they should be free of consequences for the damages their decision caused?

Choosing not to get the vaccine risks the lives of other people. So, I guess “my body my choice” only applies to what comes out of a needle. If my choice impacts my body and your body, I only have to consider my wants and don’t let your health and safety weigh on my wants?
Yet, more and more it's the vaccinated who are becoming infected and hospitalized. So what is your call now that the vaccinated are spreading covid. Your decision to vaccinate is putting the unvaccinated at risk. Six of one, half dozen of the other. But this is exactly the point, and you are guilty of demonizing those who don't agree with your stance. If your a great believer of the media and hype, perhaps you should be looking elsewhere. The hype says it's a never ending pandemic and we'll never beat it. So, instead of blaming people for flooding the system, perhaps it's the system that needs to expand to cover this new misery that will overtake us all. I see hospital overloads as an infrastructure problem, not a people problem. I'll tell you how bad it is here. We're in a provincial hot spot. Yet we are taking patients from all over the place. London, Toronto and even at one point Alberta, yet our LHINs keep saying we are over capacity and have to shut down all small businesses and restaurants, but any big players can keep playing. If you want to blame the unvaccinated, you should social distance yourself from them. They are under zero obligation to bend to your wishes or rules. Perhaps you can all wear a big red V patch so we can stay away from you.

Yet, more and more it's the vaccinated who are becoming infected and hospitalized. So what is your call now that the vaccinated are spreading covid. Your decision to vaccinate is putting the unvaccinated at risk.
Facts are not on your side. Yes, the vaccinated are indeed still registering infections, at about 80% the rate of the unvaccinated. But hospitalizations and especially ICU admissions show a very significant difference.

42DC082C-F1A0-430B-AE4D-3EFD7C123B35.jpeg

From today’s stats in Ontario, among those testing positive for COVID, the unvaccinated are 5.3x more likely to be in hospital, and 8.8x more likely to be in ICU.

I see hospital overloads as an infrastructure problem, not a people problem.

Some infrastructure is people. A bed in an ICU is meaningless without doctors, ruses, and respiratory therapists to staff it. A properly staffed ICU needs 4.6 nurse FTEs. And of course, hospital crowding by its very definition must be a people problem when you drill down:

FED85592-ED84-4C28-B5D0-A5ECD3573BD6.jpeg

In terms of the burden COVID places on hospitals, 2/3 of COVID ICU patients are unvaccinated, despite the unvaccinated being less than 24% of the population.

By all means assert and exercise your right not to be vaccinated. That’s your choice. It doesn’t take away from the fact that the unvaccinated pose the bulk of the threat to the capacity of the healthcare system. And are the bulk of people suffering through weeks of ICU and potentially dying.

Yet, more and more it's the vaccinated who are becoming infected and hospitalized. So what is your call now that the vaccinated are spreading covid.
Sure but when looking at ratios, there are far more unvaccinated people hospitalized or in ICU than vaccinated. To illustrate my point, I’ll use an extreme. If 90 people are vaccinated and 10 are not, and 5 vaccinated and 5 unvaccinated are in ICU, when looking at absolute numbers, it seems like the vaccine doesn’t work but, 10% or the population make up 50% of the patients in ICU. Yes, you can still spread COVID even when vaccinated but when infected, those vaccinated fare much better than unvaccinated. The effects are far less severe.

Back