• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All About PAT (merged)

I have Mike, I am not iterested on how it was 6 months ago or a year ago, I am interested on how it is now. Also there is very little info on Borden, most it st Jean and other places

You'll find it doesn't really change... it's PAT... we had a guy with us for a while a year ago on OJT from PAT in Borden, the experience he described is the same I hear from a buddy of mine who's up there now.

My friend was in PAT for the months of January and February. It really varied what he did. Some days he had off to do whatever he pleased, others he was supposed to spend the day doing sports/physical fitness. Then they started giving him classes like the history of various army topics. Other days he was tasked with various army units to help with anything they needed. He did tasks such as organzing and counting supplies, or just spending the day doing whatever these units did for the day.

I know thats not much info, but I hope it helps a little.

Can someone tell me what PAT is? I searched the military terms and the acronyms and can't seem to find what you mean by "PAT"?

Thanks

oooooook thank you very much! maybe Mike will put that in the military terms?  ;D

I'm dying to get into PAT platoon in Borden.. unfortunately it's all up to them.

Why would you ever want to be put in a holding pattern like that??

If anything, just to escape from here and my job.. Yes, I'm that desperate to join the military and have it whisk me away. PAT platoon in Borden would be a step up IMO!

Being a PAT is not fun, that's for sure. Actually STEVE ,people are trying to ESCAPE PAT as much as you want to ESCAPE YOUR CIVVIE JOB !

The thing is that you get bored and disapointed after a while...

One day, you'll get a day off (not bad). The next day, you might go to the kitchen to be a labor for the cooks.

When i was on PAT (2 month only ,thanks God), the guys upstairs were having hockey tournaments in the middle of the night. The PAT barrack is the craziest on camp!
Remember, if your a good soldier even on PAT, you might get better taskings, and if you have some paperwork to do or requests to put in they'll be better with you if you don't fool around with the staff.

Just my 2 cents...

I wonder if that where the gambling phrase....

standing PAT 

came from? ;)

I'll be in PAT platoon in Borden anyhow it would seem, a bit before my SQ and a bit after in the limbo between SQ and QL3 .. looks like I got my wish (a bit watered down albeit - thankfully it would seem) after all

Sounds like a bit of a tease?  You're in ... but you really can't do anything because you're not trained.  It might be nice for someone who has been eagerly awaiting enrollment but you can only handle that for so long.

Best of Luck ....

san

hey,

My Fiance is on PAT till oct. 24th and he hates it...he is trying to get OJT...i was wondering if anyone knows the odds of him getting it??? And as well could anyone briefly explain what it is???...thanks jenn

OJT is on the job training..they basically show and train him in what they can and familiarize him in some things. don't think anyone can accurately predict the odds of him getting it cause it depends on a lot of things at the unit

hey just wanted to say thanks for letting me know...jenn

sorry to bring this to life again, but just wondering if there are still high numbers of soldiers in PAT platoons, and what are the odds that if I complete basic, that I'll be stuck in a PAT platoon for a long time?

All depends on when the next course is that you will be loaded on, SQ, MOC training, etc.

Yeah, I know, just wondering if there's a bunch of soldiers that have already been waiting to do other courses and are held up in the PAT platoons.

PAT sucks.   I won't dress it up, it just sucks.   I did a year there.   Hard time.
I seen a perfectly good MCpl that was remustering from PPCLI to a tech trade, and after 4 short months he went back to PPCLI.
I don't even want to drag up those bad memories.   Its a dark ride.
thats it thats all. >:D

Back