• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircraft Jobs

ackj

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm fairly new to this forum so please bare with me.

I am planning to enroll in the ROTP program at RMC in the next couple years and i have began to start thinking about the trades i would like to learn for my time in the forces. I have taking an interest in working on a helicopter but i dont want to be a pilot due to the limited amount of slots. What are some of the other positions on a helicopter available for an officer?

All responses are helpful

Jack

Did you even look on the Forces.ca website?  :facepalm:

Look if pilot is what you want, apply and see if you get it. If you don't get it, re apply and fix what ever deficiencies you can for the next year.

Edit: Even if you get pilot there is no guarantee you are going to get helicopters either.

Sorry for the lack of information i put on my post. I have looked on the forces website but have not found a trade for what i was looking for other than pilot. I am asking for suggestions on other trades available.

It might be worthwhile to list the kinds of jobs you are looking for - there are a wide range of air force occupations and it would be beneficial to narrow it down a little.

ACSO fly on Maritime Helo on the aircrew side.

However, be aware that even as an ACSO there is no 100% guarantee you would end up MH; you could go to the LRP (Aurora) world, EW, etc.

I would preferably would like to work in a Griffon helicopter, is that an option?

jackerc said:
I would preferably would like to work in a Griffon helicopter, is that an option?

Only if you are a pilot. However, if you are selected, you may not end up on Griffons or even helos for that matter.

Back