• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Force Nurse

Danny78

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I've been accepted into ROTP for Nursing Officer with my basic being June 27th.  My question is what, if any effect will being Air Force have on me as a nurse?

From what I've read on these forums, there is no difference other than uniform as its a "purple trade"?  I'm currently working as a civilian nurse and a doc I work with told me there are some differences between them.  She was a medical officer several years ago but has since released.

Also is there wifi at St Jean recruits are given access to on weekends?

Thanks!

The only wifi you have access to at the omega mess, but you have to apply for it prior to use. It's also terribly slow. There's a little trick to getting it faster though..

The only differences I can see there being is you doing basic air training as well as land. Unless air-specific emergencies are for.. well.. air-specific nurses.. I'd imagine the additional medical training you'd receive should be standard across the board for all nursing officers though.

Treemoss said:
The only differences I can see there being is you doing basic air training as well as land. Unless air-specific emergencies are for.. well.. air-specific nurses.. I'd imagine the additional medical training you'd receive should be standard across the board for all nursing officers though.

Incorrect. There will be absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between you, a nurse in a navy uniform and a nurse in an army uniform. Nursing is a purple trade, as you mentioned in your original post. The only difference between the elements is the colour of our uniforms. That is it.

RubberTree said:
Incorrect. There will be absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between you, a nurse in a navy uniform and a nurse in an army uniform. Nursing is a purple trade, as you mentioned in your original post. The only difference between the elements is the colour of our uniforms. That is it.

That's what I thought, too. I didn't think there would be any deviation from the standard.

Back