• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Force - AEC training at Cornawall

cdnaviator said:
Transfer would have been a better term ?

he asked a simple question and i gave him an straight answer. His original post stated that if he was posted to location X, he would sign up now. And i pointed out that if you can't or wont move......you are considering the wrong line of work.  I'm sick of those who pull the "post me and i'll get out" card and the "i wont join unless i got to location X or Y".....its because of those people that i got posted 3 times in 12 months and i will be again in the near future.

I'll try to be nicer though...just for you MRM  ;D

I think somebody's bitter...

DC said:
As for posting, Judy is spot on about where you will probably end up.   

However, if you end up going IFR control, they have apparently gone full steam ahead in concentrating all IFR, radar or non tower, control in either Montreal or Edmonton.  So all western ATC sectors, such as comox, moose jaw, and cold lake will have their IFR control done through uplinks in a control centre in Edmonton.  All eastern ATC sectors will concentrate on Montreal.  The plan is to have montreal manned by 2008 and edmonton by 2009.  This comes straight from the mouth of my boss.  However, they have been trying to do this for like a decade or two now, so everyone is taking it with a grain of salt, but someone higher up has rejuvinated this project.  If you go to the North Bay 22 Wing website and look at the squadrons listed you will notice 29 squadron, which is infact the new montreal unit. 

So you may infact get posted to some base in Canada as an IFR controller, but may end up in these two places after the dust settles. 

Here is the link if you want to check it out.  http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/22wing/squadron/squadron_e.asp

DC

Sorry dude, I think MAATS is canned, thats the rumour anyways.

Just going back to the topic at hand.  I am scheduled to start my BOTP in about a week, and I am wondering how SLT training fits into the training picture for an AEC ( I may or may not test out as my french speaking is out of practice).  I know I have to do OJT, but if there is a gap between BOTP and SLT will I be sitting in a holding pl or will I be posted for some OJT?

There should really be no wait between the end of BOTP and SLT as they both housed within the Mega.  You'll simply move floors and continue trucking along.  BOTP and SLT are typically done before any AEC training. 

The only thing SLT will do is delay your course loading for AEC Basic in Cornwall.  You'll do however much time is needed in SLT and then be posted prohibited to a wing to do your precourse package, which I'm currently doing right now.  The package is approximately 7 weeks long.  There is a test every week.  Pass and you go to Cornwall. Easy.  Then there is just getting through Cornwall and checking out, but thats a problem for another day.  ;D

The only other effect of having a French profile is you might get posted to Bagotville (which can be good or bad news).

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any more questions regarding training and such, as I will be going to be put through Cornwall in November. 

Hope that helps

DC

And if either of you have any questions about Cornwall PM me...I used to instruct there.  Good luck!

Does anyone know where I might find a timetable for AEC 2007 course start dates?

Attempting to plan ahead knowing that its just a plan.

Smurfjet said:
Do AECs also work on E3s or is that a different specialty?

They do in fact work on E-3s both in the US and with NATO in Germany.....met a few of them earlier this year.

first you try to be selected on the weapons side of the trade, after that it is you career manager who post you on a E3 position.

good luck

Back