• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

After Release - Contact Info for Job Applications

ratboy505

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I voluntarily released from the Reg Force prior to finishing my trades qualification due to family reasons. The process for me was very quick and I neglected to ask a very basic and important question..

Is there a general phone number (NDHQ Ottawa etc) which an employer can call to determine if I was a member of the Canadian Forces etc. (ie. for job applications)?

Or does one just use the contact number of your last posting? My concerns over this option is: 1) The personnel are constantly changing at the training school I was at; and 2) I am under the understanding my file (proof I existed there) was sent off to Ottawa?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

You weren't given any paperwork that stated you were released from the Regular Force? Or even your attestation certificate that said you enrolled?

I think he means a contact for a reference. Most job applications require a phone number and a specific person to contact for character references.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm trying to figure out a solution for.

I do have the certificates and my pers file and such so proving I was in the forces in paper is not a problem. The problem comes in finding out what to put on those job applications that require a name, position, and phone number of a supervisor at your old employer for them to call and ask the standard questions "Did this person work for you?" "Would you hire them again?" type stuff.

Unfortunately, I'm at a loss for what to put down there.

I would put down contact information for someone in a supervisory or instructional role (preferably the former), at the school you attended.  If the person(s) get posted, whoever answers the phone should be able to direct them to the new location of their employment.  There's really not much else you can do.  All anyone in Ottawa would be able to vouch for is that you weren't a total screwup, released 5(f).

Back