• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

After BMQ

Benoit

Inactive
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
Hey guys Im heading off to basic on the 16th of aug, I was just woundering where im going Inf RCR, where will I be attending SQ and BIQ. thanks alot :salute:

Im pretty sure you'll be enjoing the weather in gagetown.

Run Chicken Run

I thought RCR went to Meaford.  Anyone know for sure?

Maybe it depends on where you are living. I live in southern Ontario and I will be doing mine in meaford. Maybe if you live out east more in the maritimes you will be sent to gagetown. But I could have sworn everyone going RCR does theres in meaford...

Basic Infantry training for soldiers heading to The Royal Canadian Regiment (The RCR) is conducted at the Land Force Central Area Training Centre in Meaford.

(Mr White, I suspect you've never had the honour of wearing the eight-pointed star, so I'll ask you to keep your chicken jokes to yourself.)

Pro Patria

Aaron White said:
Im pretty sure you'll be enjoing the weather in gagetown.

Run Chicken Run

That's a crap thing to say and I think it should be taken back.

Forgive me if i am asking the same question, i am just want to confrim what i think i am undertanding.

SQ and Battle school are both done in Meaford for RCR and they both are approx 10 weeks long.

also do they normally give a week or so off between basic and sq  and sq and battle school?

thanks

Hey.

I'm currently training with the RCR (on leave this weekend from my BIQ/DP1 Infantry course).

Yes, training for the RCR is conducted at LFCA TC Meaford during the summer, whether you're taking BMQ, SQ or BIQ/DP1 Inf.

My daddy and my grand daddy were RCR and thats where I got it from. Im not taking anything back, I grew up around 'em and they said it all the time. Awful sensitive for soldiers arent you guys?

*CDN*Blackhawk said:
Forgive me if i am asking the same question, i am just want to confrim what i think i am undertanding.

SQ and Battle school are both done in Meaford for RCR and they both are approx 10 weeks long.

also do they normally give a week or so off between basic and sq   and sq and battle school?

thanks

Not too sure about SQ, but the Battle School I did in Meaford was 16 weeks of FUN FUN FUN!!

*CDN*Blackhawk said:

also do they normally give a week or so off between basic and sq   and sq and battle school?

thanks

I'm interested in this too. Any time off inbetween?

It depends on resource and staff scheduling. Some platoons may get a break, others may finish one course on Friday and start the next the following Monday. You won't know for sure until you get there.

Pro Patria

Aaron White said:
My daddy and my grand daddy were RCR and thats where I got it from. Im not taking anything back, I grew up around 'em and they said it all the time. Awful sensitive for soldiers arent you guys?

What context would they say that in...all the time? Just curious.
Sensitive? No. Protective and respectful would be more accurate. In my day (and I don't think it has changed too much) you would   certainly have a new DADDY if you used that term in a flippent manner, just as we would not disrespect any other Regiment. Humour and disrespect are two different things.

Aaron White said:

Me sensitive about RCR chicken jokes? No, not when they're made by someone who actually served in The Regiment and it's between two Royal Canadians. And neither are most serving or retired RCRs.

But the young Canadians who read this site don't get your 'humour" and you shouldn't be seeming to be calling down a regiment they are seeking to join.

Pro Patria

Run Chicken Run, You know, it realy didnt bother me when i was with them but now that im with the Pat's it kinda gets under my skin a bit. Oh well fu* it, i know the guys are just having a go at me and besides its all the same sh** no matter what regiment your in.

That whole run chicken bit is all in fun.  Whats a little Regimental rivalry?  It creates pride in ones own Regiment.  Patricias... Royals... R22R's... they all make fun of each other.  Infantry makes fun of Service Battallion... Army makes fun of Navy... and on and on and on... Its all in the spirit of competition, and pride.  But at the end of the day, after all is said and done, we're all Canadians on the same side.  Lets just keep that in the back of our mind.

Boy I tell you if I got this uppity every time someone made a "gay" comment about the Navy I'd be a busy man.  :dontpanic:

Back