• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AFGHAN VIDEO

Wootan 9

Inactive
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the right place....However, I'm in a bit of hurry.  On Sat I'm involved in a conference on International Humanitarian Law in Calgary.  No doubt the detainee thing will come up.  I'd like to end the presentation with the video clip that appeared on CTV over a year ago.  It's the one that showed a Canadian NCO taking control of a detainee who was about to be capped by the ANA.  Can anyone provide the link?

Thanks

Do you have anything else in the story to go on?  Like what the report was particularly about, even a rough location..maybe the detainee was someone of note?  I can find some stuff, but nothing so far of what you are looking for.

I believe it was the 1 PPCLI BGp.  It aired on CTV and the reporter was probably Steve Chao or Lisa LaFlamme - I think the former.  Thanks.

Mike

Wootan,
I will send this request to one of CTV's regulars on here, David Akin.

I'm scrambling this morning with some other news but here's a couple of things:

CTV gets these kinds of requests often and has a staff in Toronto to deal with this:
http://www.ctv.ca/generic/generated/static/CorpTranscripts/transcripts.html

You can search our web site at www.ctv.ca using our own search engine or Google's if you can narrow down what you're looking for.

And you may want to contact the reporter. E-mail addresses at CTV follow the pattern, [first initial of first name][lastname]@ctv.ca. So I would be dakin@ctv.ca.

Wish I could help a little more, but as I said, I'm scrambling to cover some other events today ...

Back