• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Ops (the Milnet game) Horror Stories

You mean CR, right? Not MP?

In any event, that sucks. I'm still managing to lock down a location with about 300CR. I'll see how that turns out for Gumbad.

crooks.a said:

In any event, that sucks. I'm still managing to lock down a location with about 300CR. I'll see how that turns out for Gumbad.

Yep, CR, not MP.

FFS.  :-\

crooks.a said:

You're very lucky then, because all of my insurgencies have been taking at least a days worth of my CR to quell; not just this latest one.

I used all mine on Route Summit the other day.

-13 CR per hit.

Took me all 430 CR's to get me down to 18%.

The last 18% took all my my CR's produced overnight to whittle down.

All so I could get access to a mission that has a 22:1 return ratio mission, that it turns out only has a 30%-ish chance of success.

Ugh.

So now I'm back pulling 14:1 missions with a 98% success rate.

NS

It is great to have Reputation so that the insurgency level doesn't rise as fast if you can't lock it down, but it would be nice to have something that helps you lower it faster too.  It seems a hit and miss thing with how many 'hits' it takes to lower it completely.  Has Mike written anywhere what the chances are, or how it is figured out?

ArmyVern said:
You're very lucky then, because all of my insurgencies have been taking at least a days worth of my CR to quell; not just this latest one.
Ghundy Ghar took me probably around 330CR, which is great because that's an average of -3 per click. Fortunately, I still haven't purchased the incentives for Combat Readiness Spent, so I still have those to use if necessary.

airmich said:
It is great to have Reputation so that the insurgency level doesn't rise as fast if you can't lock it down, but it would be nice to have something that helps you lower it faster too.  It seems a hit and miss thing with how many 'hits' it takes to lower it completely.  Has Mike written anywhere what the chances are, or how it is figured out?
I'm not sure what the formula is, but it might generate a random number between 1 and 4. If the number is a 3 or 4, then generate it again (which explains the high number of ones and twos).

I like the idea of something that helps lock it down. Perhaps Situational Awareness could be used there. The upper limit for killing insurgency could be: (SA/20) + 2, and the lower limit at 1 of course.

crooks.a said:
Ghundy Ghar took me probably around 330CR, which is great because that's an average of -3 per click. Fortunately I still haven't purchased the incentives for Combat Readiness Spent, so I still have those to use if necessary.
I'm not sure what the formula is, but it might generate a random number between 1 and 4. If the number is a 3 or 4, then generate it again (which explains the high number of ones and twos).

I like the idea of something that helps lock it down. Perhaps Situational Awareness could be used there. The upper limit for killing insurgency could be: (SA/20) + 2, and the lower limit at 1 of course.

It isn't SA, as I've had 125 since the get-go in that area if you recall Mike commenting on it that "Vern would be happy" when he doubled that up from 1 minute to 2 minutes for each SA point.

I've cashed, but never gotten the "reductions for SA" bonuses as the system was glitching back then. Each and every one I've reduced has been purely on my own using my own CR - no bonuses.

I still figure with 1, 2, 3, and 4 ... you should pretty much even out to about 25% each one or even 50/50 for a 1or2% against a 3or4% ... but certainly not in my case. My 1% & 2% hits are far outweighing the others.

I didn't say SA helped, but instead that if SA was implemented to make the upper limit higher, then it would be a cool addition.

Might posted a few weeks ago ref AOR and locking down areas. If I recall correctly, it was affected by no stats, and was simply a random number generated between 1 and 5.

I like the idea of having a stat give you a higher chance to get a higher number, but SA already does a lot. If Initiative was used instead of SA, it would greatly increase its usefulness.

Puck,

I'd agree with that. 

At this point, Initiative doesn't seem to help much...

NS

PuckChaser said:
Might posted a few weeks ago ref AOR and locking down areas. If I recall correctly, it was affected by no stats, and was simply a random number generated between 1 and 5.

I like the idea of having a stat give you a higher chance to get a higher number, but SA already does a lot. If Initiative was used instead of SA, it would greatly increase its usefulness.
Yeah, that's true. I'm still regretting using my Merit Points for initiative. 17 initiative is better used elsewhere.

I've never seen a 5 when trying to lock down an area, though, so it must be really rare.

Mike: does the code look something like this for AOR?
$x = rand(1, 5);
if ($x > 2){ $x = rand(1, 5); }
if ($x = 5){ $x = rand(1, 5); }

I did the math using Vern's stats, she'd get 20 more seconds off her timer if she had used the Initiative points in CR.

Crooks: I may have been wrong with the 5. 1-4 seems about right.

ArmyVern said:
Wow. 590 CRs spent @ -14CR a pop to reduce my current insurgency only down to 7%.

Only 14 out of 47 of my hits gained 3% or 4% reduction.  33 of those 47 hits gained a 1% or 2% reduction only. Something tells me the odds are a little off.

In total:

3 reductions of 4%;
11 reductions of 3%;
15 reductions of 2%; and
18 reductions of 1%.

Youpee!! 1 full days worth & 2 hours more of CR later ... I've just managed to reduce it to 0 (taking a further hit of 1% and 2 more of 3% each). (I have a bonus going on right now, bringing my daily CR up to 590 for a week ... thank Gawd!! Else, I'd still be fighting this insurgency this time tomorrow too!!).

Total spent to reduce = 632CR:

3 reductions of 4%;
13 reductions of 3%;
15 reductions of 2%; and
19 reductions of 1%.

:blotto:

Have you guys tried to take down Pashtun yet? It says locked down, and I have not put any credits into it yet.

Task said:
Have you guys tried to take down Pashtun yet? It says locked down, and I have not put any credits into it yet.

Yours must be bugged, I haven't put points into Pashmul either and its at 100%.

Thanks PC,

NS I meant Pashmul, that was lazy reading on my part. I think PC is right about it being 65 when it becomes avail.

PC on that note, how the heck did you remember that? lol I'm not even sure and that was 2 levels ago for me.

Failed a 98% mission five minuets before the "new day" (change of daily challenges), the CE I would have won from that mission would have leveled me up and with the merit points received I would have completed a 1000 milpoint daily challenge.

Task said:

Glitch??

I have Pashmul open ... I'm at level 68 now.

It's the next AOR that I have to clear & it's sitting at 100% rate of insurgency. -15 CR a pop.

Back