• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AESOp ( MOC 081)

TUNETOG

Being posted to home unit while awaiting training shouldn't be a problem. I've seen it done multiple time before. However now the course will be roughly 6/7 months long. Also be aware if you want to go MH, 406 SQN is closing doors this summer for OTU. If they start a cyclone OTU this summer is only speculation; it's anybody guess when they'll start Cyclone OTU. 

Eagle Eye View said:
TUNETOG

Being posted to home unit while awaiting training shouldn't be a problem. I've seen it done multiple time before. However now the course will be roughly 6/7 months long. Also be aware if you want to go MH, 406 SQN is closing doors this summer for OTU. If they start a cyclone OTU this summer is only speculation; it's anybody guess when they'll start Cyclone OTU.

I'm not worried about once I start training...we're prepared for that. It's the time beforehand we are hoping for. Looks like it's getting ironed out now.

If I had a preference it'd be LRP....but I know I'll likely just have to take what I'm given.

Are there Single Quarters available on most wings where junior AES Ops would find themselves posted? Thanks

Eagle Eye View said:
Yes, I believe most if not all Wings have single quarters available.

OK, so then I have to ask. Double or quad quarters on course? Not that it matters that much.

TUNETOG said:
OK, so then I have to ask. Double or quad quarters on course? Not that it matters that much.
It's the RCAF. Single rooms with turndown service and HBO.

Eagle Eye View said:
Yes, I believe most if not all Wings have single quarters available.

Shearwater and Greenwood for sure.  I've stayed in Transient shacks in Comox, but I'm going to 'guess' you could get SQs in Esquimalt if you got posted to 443?

And, if an Ottawa posting came someone's way, I don't believe there are SQs there; I recall reading about a Self Help program in the NCR but don't know enough about it to say anymore than that...

PuckChaser said:

My 3s were horrible;  there was a coffee maker, microwave, cable TV, full bathroom, cleaning service...but..we had to provide our own coffee:eek:rly:

I know eh!  WTH!!!

;D

Eye In The Sky said:
My 3s were horrible;  there was a coffee maker, microwave, cable TV, full bathroom, cleaning service...but..we had to provide our own coffee:eek:rly:

I know eh!  WTH!!!

;D

I don't know if I'll be able to live under such conditions. But you did yours a while ago right? So I'm sure things have improved.  [:D

Eye In The Sky said:

I know eh!  WTH!!!

;D

Its a hard life, but someone has to do it. I salute you for taking one for the team.  :salute:  ;D

PuckChaser said:

Well, Greenwood's cable in the shacks are all being turned off in a week while they (hopefully) sort out a new agreement with the cable provider.

TUNETOG said:
I don't know if I'll be able to live under such conditions. But you did yours a while ago right? So I'm sure things have improved.  [:D

Yup, I was a while ago, when the Direct Entry trial was just getting going.  For our 3s, we were 2 to a room [that had a TV with cable, full bathroom, etc...so no *hardship* there] and then on the 5s [flying phase] we had a room all to ourselves.

Dimsum said:
Well, Greenwood's cable in the shacks are all being turned off in a week while they (hopefully) sort out a new agreement with the cable provider.

Well, at least there is the Top Hat to go to during the blackout!  ;D

CTing it up?

Eye In The Sky said:
Well, at least there is the Top Hat to go to during the blackout!  ;D

CTing it up?

Nope, full MOAT.  Been here since late Sept.

Back