• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aerospace Control Officer Prelim

Franck

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, everybody.
I got  selected for Aerospace Control Officer selection.
The Selection is going to be 3 days and this all details I have.
Also said more detail to follow. But nothing heard from them.
Can anybody shed some light, on that exactly selection is all about,
What to look forward to?
How to get ready?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Franck,
I passed AEC selection. It's in Trenton, ON, at the canadian forces Aircrew Selection Center.  It's actually only a few hours long on a special computer. All pilot applicants do it, too.  Brush up high school math and go well rested and focused.

Thank you
but I need a little more guidence. I need to know which way the wind is blowing before walking into shitstorm.

Can you please be more specific on "high School math"
there are a lots of sub categories:
-Statistics
-Calculas
-Algerba and geometry
-Trigonometry

Unfortunately we are not allowed to disclose any detailed information regarding the test. Brushing up on your math and just general GED styled tests is a good idea though. Just make sure you go in well rested and don't get overwhelmed. Tackle each test a time and don't get fixated on anything you may think you didn't do great in, just do your best.

Do people with post secondary level math have an advantage on the test?

I have applied for for AEC as well, but it closes on July 25. I am just wondering if you go to AEC selection after your interview and before they make you an offer (which makes the most sense). I haven't had my interview yet so I am cutting it really close obviously. Passed my CFAT last week and am just waiting on my medical and interview date, which they said might be around July 15 or so. I'm kind of worried I might miss out because there's just not enough time.

mrm1987 said:
I have applied for for AEC as well, but it closes on July 25. I am just wondering if you go to AEC selection after your interview and before they make you an offer (which makes the most sense). I haven't had my interview yet so I am cutting it really close obviously. Passed my CFAT last week and am just waiting on my medical and interview date, which they said might be around July 15 or so. I'm kind of worried I might miss out because there's just not enough time.

I just did my AEC testing in Trenton June 19-21/13. Very interesting experience. I passed along with some others, but some people failed too. Try your best and see how you do!

As to your question, you have to do the interview first before you are assigned to go to AEC selection. You also need to do your "initial aircrew medical" as well. All the steps take time. In order to be selected for AEC testing, your booking clerk needs to submit a request form ahead of time which then needs to be signed off before you can go. A claim form also needs to be prepared by your booking clerk. The interview is also important - it will also determine if you are deemed 'qualified' to do the testing. After all, they are spending money for you to travel and take testing. They aren't going to send everyone who just wants to go for the hell of it.

Testing for AEC is usually 1/month - last time I saw the scheduled testing sheet. The one in July - I can't quite remember, but it is usually around the 3rd week of the month. That would be cutting it really close for you to get in the July selection. That does not mean that there won't be another selection in a dew months time. I haven't heard that the trade will be closed after July 25th. You will have to talk with the booking clerks to get that type of information. I hope I answered some questions - feel free to message me as well.

Cheers
Mark

Thanks so much for your response! I guess I will just do each step as it comes, as that's all I can really do now! I wish I had made the decision to apply a few months earlier, but it is what it is. I am really wanting to do AEC, and I thought it was closing on July 25, but maybe I misunderstood. Someone else replied on another thread and said that was the selection date, but I thought once they selected people that would mean they wouldn't hire anymore?! Anyways, I guess I will go with the flow and just get everything done as it comes along and try not to worry about it too much. Thanks again! :)

Back