• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice on Career Options

I've narrowed my choices down to 2 careers. Which one provides the most job satisfaction?

• Intelligence Operator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mobile Support Equipment Operator

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

linda7373

Inactive
Reaction score
Before I speak with my career manager next week I'm interested in getting some feedback regarding 3 of my career choices to learn about the pro's and con's of each position. Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I presume one is supposed to be sat in a chair among high staff people, and the other supposed to be roaming in the field with dirty hands from the sand and dust.
But I don't have any XP from any of them to provide.

Hi there, yes one is primarily an office job, while the other is out in the field. I've been researching like crazy. I've connected with a few of my military friends and the opinions are all over the map but none of them are in either occupation so they can't really provide pro's and con's. My boyfriend who is in the military is reaching out to his peers to see if someone is willing to talk to me about a day in the life of each job such as challenges, pro's, con's etc. Without knowing much about each field and trying to find more detailed data about each has been difficult so I can only go off of what I know so far.

Driver Pro's: I think that working outdoors is amazing. I've been working at a desk job for the last 15 years so being outside would be a great change in pace. Learning how to drive these huge vehicles I think would be exciting.

Driver Related - Unanswered Questions: Not knowing more info about it, such as do I also have to know how to fix each of these vehicle's if they break down? Being only 5.2 am I even tall enough to do the job? Are they all standard or automatic vehicles? and if standard do they teach you how to drive them?

Intel Op's Pros - Learning how the real world operates is appealing to me

Intel Op's Unanswered Questions - What are the opportunities for international opportunities? What can you expect to learn at the private stage? corporal? etc. How long do you have to serve before you're provided opportunities for specialized training in those areas?

So to be able to find someone in these fields would be awesome so I can ask those questions so that I can make an informed choice - or - if someone knows someone who has experienced these careers would mean so much to me.

Thanks for your feedback.

linda7373 said:
Driver Pro's:
Driver Related - Unanswered Questions:

Mobile Support Equipment Operator (MSE Op) [Merged]
https://navy.ca/forums/threads/18519.0
12 pages.

I was a PRes MSE Op and loved it.

linda7373 said:
Intel Op's Pros - Learning how the real world operates is appealing to me
Intel Op's Unanswered Questions -

Intelligence Officer / Operator 
https://navy.ca/forums/threads/12858.325
18 pages.

Oh thanks so much for those links. I didn't know there was a navy.ca as well. Really appreciate sending me in those directions. Have a wonderful day.

linda7373 said:
Oh thanks so much for those links. I didn't know there was a navy.ca as well. Really appreciate sending me in those directions. Have a wonderful day.

You are welcome.  Good luck.  :)

linda7373 said:
... I didn't know there was a navy.ca as well. ...
Army.ca, Milnet.ca, Navy.ca and Air-Force.ca are all the same info as they are all the same site on the back-end.

Back