• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice for tough situation

Figured I'd give a quick update. I ended up applying for EI, but got my job back. For the first week I was travelling around to different stations, sometimes 3 hours away, to do coverage. Then a service that's associated with my company heard about what happened and have taken me under their wing. I went from working in a crappy town of 5000 people doing mostly transfer.. to working in a town of >40,000 doing actual emergencies. I'm also located 20 minutes from the city. It's like being home again hah.

I SUPPOSE... things happen for a reason. Still applying to military though hah.

Treemoss said:
Figured I'd give a quick update. I ended up applying for EI, but got my job back. For the first week I was travelling around to different stations, sometimes 3 hours away, to do coverage. Then a service that's associated with my company heard about what happened and have taken me under their wing. I went from working in a crappy town of 5000 people doing mostly transfer.. to working in a town of >40,000 doing actual emergencies. I'm also located 20 minutes from the city. It's like being home again hah.

Glad to hear everything worked out!  :salute:

AlphaBravo said:
Glad to hear everything worked out!  :salute:

For the better haha, the place I was full-time at before was just a hole... now I'm actually doing stuff which is nice.

Treemoss said:

Glad that resolved without any further messiness.  Hopefully your CF application won't be put through any further unnecessary obstacles!  :)

Haha thanks, unforunately I'm still getting the work around form them but.. work is work I suppose.

I actually called them today and was on the phone with them for a good hour about my application. It was actually a pretty good conversation. I missed the May intake, but I was told that I should expect a phone call from them for the June/July intake for med techs. They are still getting my background check and PLAR done, but they assured me that once they get the ok from Halifax for next intake of Med Techs I'll be pulled in. So that's promising!

Back