• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advance Promotion

cfred0912

Inactive
Reaction score
Is it possible to be advance promote to LS with a bit less then 3 years?
If yes where can I found the information.

Thank you,

Look for the CFAO on Promotion Policy - NCMs - Regular Force.

If you are on a ship there is a standard form from the ships office with the checklist for the recommendation that goes up through the CoC, but the recommendation starts with the supervisors.

It's not a guarantee; the recommendation is usually kept for high performers after your OJT is done following your QL3 (differs between the trades for specific timing.

Thank you, I read the CFAO 49-4 and they state that we need at least 3 years to be advance promote, but In the definition it also says that qualification could be military or civilian. So if I've been president of 2 companies and service manager for 11 years. Is those experience could count against leadership experience and therefore count as time?

Thank you again for your precious comments

cfred0912 said:
Is it possible to be advance promote to LS with a bit less then 3 years?

You may find this discussion of interest,

Accelerated Promotion to LS/CPL requirements 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/105954.0
OP: "What is the qualification requirement for Accelerated Promotion to LS/CPL?"

Depends on your bosses they have to send a memo in for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cfred0912 said:
Thank you, I read the CFAO 49-4 and they state that we need at least 3 years to be advance promote, but In the definition it also says that qualification could be military or civilian. So if I've been president of 2 companies and service manager for 11 years. Is those experience could count against leadership experience and therefore count as time?

Thank you again for your precious comments

You would need a PLAR done to grant time equivalent for that experience.  This process can take several months (or much longer in some cases).  That will be the only way you get it before at least 3 years time served.  The 3 years for advance promotion is a requirement and in recent years they do not want to grant an advancement (without PLAR) unless you've gone up for several nominations for awards etc.

Back