• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ACS related questions, let me help

Recon

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I will try to help you has much as I can.  Ex ACS

Anyone who is not banned in this trade?  I am looking to re-muster to this trade or do it in the civy world.  Is there a demand for this trade right now in the forces?

Yes there is a demand right now, the trade is going to almost double in size over the next couple of years once we take over the ALSE shops.

Very astute of you to chose ACS.  You will have a host of training suited to almost any industry and you won't be forced to live in a big honking stinky city!  Good luck!

i will also try to answer questions anyone might have  regarding the acs trade and life in Bagotville Québec

hello,

ive made a few new threads and havent gotten much of a response so im hoping this old thread mite be able to get me some answers. Im considering getting in the ACS tech trade through the NCM SEP. ive read on the MOC career sheet that they teach you all about metalurgy, metal machining, and composite repair and refinishing. im wondering just how much composite repair and machining is performed or is it mostly just sheet metal repair and painting ??

what you do will depend on the base/aircraft you work on. For example if you work on the hercs you will do mostly metal working. The machining part of the trade for the most part is a specialty that you will take a extra course on then you will be employed in a machine shop after that for a year or more. I dont think you will do much if any composite training unless you work on a Aircraft that requires it like the CF-18 or the C-17 again this will be after your initial training and you are employed in a position that requires it.

I am transferring into ACS after being in the infantry for 7 years. I am worried about PRETC because i'm not sure if I can get a PMQ with my wife and doing my course in borden.
Any advice or any stories good or bad I would love to hear them. Please the more information the better I feel like a fish out of water here in the transfer process.

Back