• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Acceptances to RMC - When sent out?

Calgone said:
I have been going through the application process myself. Through the whole process an RMC Liason Officer has been helping me out, and he told me that is that the Second Board will sit on March 18th, then offers will go out shortly after that.

Has anyone thought of joining The Reserves if they don't get accepted?

I think people should just to see if the military is really what they want.

If I don't get in this year, I will apply as NCM for Naval Electronics Technician or Aviation Technition as soon as I am 17 (graduated 2 years early).
I think that's a pretty good alternative to RMC or ROTP.

I'm pretty sure I want to stay in the CF for the maximum number of years until I retire, so if I get started now, I can get some good work experience.

If I don't get accepted then I am going to apply to the Reserves here in Calgary. It will give me good work experience with the CF and they help out with the tuition as well (approx. $2000 I believe). So doing that for they next four years while I get my degree and then applying to be an officer. I doubt there would be much trouble obtaining the officer position.

For some reason, I think that going the DEO route will be harder than the "normal ROTP way".
Don't you have to have a related degree?

If the trade requires a certain degree, then you need that degree whether you are going DEO or ROTP. Neither choice is really 'better' than the other except that people who already hold degrees are limited in their choices. That usually isn't a problem for most people though. In both cases you have to put the effort into the required degree. ROTP and DEO engineers for example both have to get their engineering degrees, and both put the same amount of effort into getting such a degree.

Intelligent Design said:
If the trade requires a certain degree, then you need that degree whether you are going DEO or ROTP. Neither choice is really 'better' than the other except that people who already hold degrees are limited in their choices. That usually isn't a problem for most people though. In both cases you have to put the effort into the required degree. ROTP and DEO engineers for example both have to get their engineering degrees, and both put the same amount of effort into getting such a degree.

For promotions past Captain you need to have completed certain courses known as OPMEs. At RMC, we take a lot of these OPMEs as part of our comprehensive curriculum. Thus, if two Captains, one RMC and one DEO (or Civi-U ROTP) are up for promotion, the DEO has to go and take those courses before he is promoted, whereas an RMC grad does not.

I also believe that ROTP members get paid more than a DEO member who has been in for an equivalent amount of time and is of an equivalent rank.

OCdt Weissbock said:
I also believe that....

Why "believe" things when you can do a bit of research and know things from an official source?

Google search - "Canadian Forces Pay Rates Officers" and you get 1, 790,000 hits. 
First hit on the list is the CF's Director of Pay Policy Development, which with two more clicks will give you:
Latest Regular Force Officer Rates

Elapsed time:  about 3 minutes including typing up this post.

Do your troops a favour in the future.  Don't tell them about things that you "believe".  Use your initiative and find out. 

Stating that one believes something on this forum is much less of a hassle that stating something is a fact as there will always be one member, such as yourself in your last post, who will always challenge whatever is said. 

Don't worry, when I actually have members who are working for me, I will be making sure I am not misleading them; however, having a discussion on an internet forum is not the same thing as leading troops.

OCdt Weissbock said:
Stating that one believes something on this forum is much less of a hassle that stating something is a fact as there will always be one member, such as yourself in your last post, who will always challenge whatever is said. 

Don't worry, when I actually have members who are working for me, I will be making sure I am not misleading them; however, having a discussion on an internet forum is not the same thing as leading troops.

WOW!

I would like to ask if your read that over before you posted it?  Then I wonder if you always take exception to an 'elder' or more experienced person pointing you in the right direction?  You made an assumption, and were corrected on it. 

As for worry about your "actual" leadership of personnel.  It starts now.  The characteristics you show now, are quite often what you will display later in life. 

It may be time for a little bit of reflection on your part.

Strange.....I've had many good employers and some excellent officers that have commanded me, and not once did I ever "work" for them. They led, I followed.....but maybe that's what's missing... ::)

Intelligent Design said:
ROTP and DEO engineers for example both have to get their engineering degrees, and both put the same amount of effort into getting such a degree.

Very close to accurate.  I was accepted into ROTP - Airfield Engineering half way through a BSc Forestry degree... It happens.  Because there is such an environmental slant on this degree, it was suitable for that trade.

tree hugger said:
Very close to accurate.  I was accepted into ROTP - Airfield Engineering half way through a BSc Forestry degree... It happens.  Because there is such an environmental slant on this degree, it was suitable for that trade.

Very lucky! I just looked at the recruiting site page to check on that one, and it seems they do allow a certain amount of BSc degrees for Airfield Engineering (Now called Construction Engineer apparently). Upon checking the other engineering trades it seems a couple of Science degrees are also acceptable (Math and Physics usually).

Well if you read the thread so far you will notice most of us are all for ROTP. Some, like myself have been accepted to carry on at Civvi U, I suggest you change your previous post however about your trade. Personal security issues the way they are, your would be better off saying 'Air Operations Support'.

Anybody from Ontario hear from the recruiting centers about RMC acceptance?  Specifically the london CFRC ???

Domagala said:
Anybody from Ontario hear from the recruiting centers about RMC acceptance?  Specifically the london CFRC ???

A few from my aircrew a few weeks back had conditional offers from CFRC London for RMC.

So.  If you get accepted,  they call you.  And if you don't get accepted,  they still call you to tell you.  Now what happens if they don't call you?  Are you on a waiting list or something?  How does that work?

You don't need to worry, I have not received a call yet either.
I have been following this thread and many of the experienced contributers are telling us that we may not get the call untill april.
To answer your question, you will get called.

My file manager told me to call him in early May if I don't receive a call before then.

On a second note, the second ROTP board sat last week. News from that board should hopefully be out soon.

Back